Maybe a Sweet Deal, Maybe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe a Sweet Deal, Maybe

I'm trying to update my site and the software just keeps on crashing. So I may be done with that for the day, I just about give up after about 3 hours. And lots more hours and stuff to go.

Today my boss calls me - he's got two things. One was work related, the other was not. He asked me, "What year is your Mustang?" I told him, and where in the world is this going?

He then asked, "How would you like to have a Shelby Mustang, a new one?"

I said sure I would, if somebody would give me one.

My boss is from the west coast. He's lifelong friends with a guy in Washington State who has a new Shelby. Boss thinks it's an '08 (but he sure doesn't know cars at all). He thinks it has 1800 miles on it, stored in a weather-controlled airplane hangar the whole time.

He thinks it still has plastic wrap on it. He thinks his buddy wants to sell it for a (relative) song. It's red with a white stripe.

I've got more Mustang than I can deal with already. I THINK this may be something. I asked him to contact his buddy in Washington State and see what the exact particulars are.

Would anybody here be seriously interested in it? Just putting out feelers ahead of the game, trying to help the boss help his buddy.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Well after being in a 08 shelbly gt500 a week ago that hit 2 trees at 50 backwards....no. But I am trying to talk him into not giving up on fast cars. P.M. me the info or a link to the info.
    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by HoosierL98GTA View Post
      Well after being in a 08 shelbly gt500 a week ago that hit 2 trees at 50 backwards....no. But I am trying to talk him into not giving up on fast cars. P.M. me the info or a link to the info.
      Sure will when I get it Dan. I really think this one is a steal, if you can steal a mighty pricey car. I don't want to say what Boss said the guy wants for it, because he could have been wrong on the quote. I do believe it's a steal, if what he told me is so. Film at eleven.

I WANT that thing myself, of course, but I can't justify it. Not in any way shape or form. Not at this stage in our lives, too late in the financial scene. I've got Red already, but golly crap what a ride for somebody. At least if Boss is telling it right. I really do think there is something to it.
      Last edited by pdub; January 28, 2013, 05:42 PM.

Comment

If it is as good a deal as you think, snatch it up pewee, sell it for profit then put the moneyy into red.

Of you could all chip in and get me an early retirement present lol!!
        If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post
          If it is as good a deal as you think, snatch it up peewee, sell it for profit then put the moneyy into red.

Of you could all chip in and get me an early retirement present lol!!
          Today Boss thinks it's an 07, he's trying to get the VIN number for it....don't know what good that'll do us....Boss is real busy

I'll do a KBB on it and see what the heck, I haven't done that yet

Comment

Okay the guy is $2K under KBB. If Boss said right, he wants $33 and KBB says $35.

So if Boss said right it's a deal. Not a drop-dead steal, but surely a deal.

Still don't have any info on the seller.

Comment

Meh, not impressed with that price. If it is super low miles and white glove clean it would be a good deal if you were local and were shopping for a one.
              If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

I talked to my buddy. He's just not in the mood again. I give up. It wasn't the.... Well let's just let that go.
                Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by HoosierL98GTA View Post
                  I talked to my buddy. He's just not in the mood again. I give up. It wasn't the.... Well let's just let that go.
                  Boss seems to have let that one die on the vine anyhow. I should have KBB'd it to start with. I would have just thought it was valued at, like Saturday night at the BJ auction. No, not EVEN.

But if it was sitting next door and I could look at it and touch it.....I don't even want to see a photo of it. No, that's out of the question. Glad it's on the other side of the continent.

Okay, carry on.

Comment

You're such a car aficionado
                    Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Originally posted by Monk View Post
                      You're such a car aficionado
                      Thanks Thom. Can't I at least keep learning?

Comment

Working...
                      X