Space Shuttle picture Link

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Space Shuttle picture Link

I received this in an email today, maybe it's been posted before but I've never seen anything like it. Pretty cool pictures, I had no idea what the interior looked like? Hey somebody wake up Randal and have him explain the Cockpit to us!

Ben Cooper rocket launch photography & viewing guide. See SpaceX photos, ULA photos, NASA photos and find out the best places to watch launches in person at Cape Canaveral, Florida.
    sigpic

Just an Old Drag Racer that still has dreams of going fast!

Pretty cool pics. Never had seen inside the cockpit of one. The white room,really surprises me that they would allow that with how stuffy gov. types can be with anything that flys....even if it is a glider.
    Last edited by Dan Barlow; January 28, 2013, 09:14 PM.
    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Probably didn't have a choice.. Once one done it, they couldn't rightly ban the 2nd?

Comment

what's the red button do?
        Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

I really want to get in there and switch all the switches and push all the buttons. Oh how I love a new car with lots of buttons.

Comment

That's pretty cool! I like all the velcro everywhere.
            Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

I wonder if those seats would fit in my Corvette, I hear the US put them up on blocks in their yard and they need money....
              Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                I wonder if those seats would fit in my Corvette, I hear the US put them up on blocks in their yard and they need money....
                Might be comfy in zero gravity... In gravity... Not so much... But yeah.. I can see how the convo goes...
                " Where'dya get yer seats?"
                "Shuttle"
                "HUH?" with corresponding jaw dropping on pavement..

Comment

I want to buy a DeLorean and put all those switches, monitors and controls in it!
                  Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                    Might be comfy in zero gravity... In gravity... Not so much... But yeah.. I can see how the convo goes...
                    " Where'dya get yer seats?"
                    "Shuttle"
                    "HUH?" with corresponding jaw dropping on pavement..
                    they're designed to let bulky guys be in comfort at 7g - I bet they fit just fine..... plus, ever ridden in a C3? comfort was not a word in the designer's dictionary.... of course, I put stiffer springs and sway bars in it - so what wasn't a word to the designers has become a word used by those in traction as something they've heard rumor of by never experienced.
                    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Pretty cool..........I was looking for the defrost button.
                      Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

In the 3rd photo, panel 14AG, four buttons over and three down, that one made the toilet flush. The poops froze immediately when ejected and made a great meteor show on the west coast later.
                        Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Working...
                        X