No announcement yet.

Car Theft & Ways To Prevent It

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have a kill switch in the El Camino. I read somewhere that OnStar and similar systems with tracking capability have made a huge dent in car theft numbers, so seems like there's merit in 'em.

It's hopeless against pros who target cars, the SOBs with the high-tech gadgets and their own tow trucks and/or trailers.

What I really want is well-adjusted trunk monkey with an 'effin big club...well adjusted because I don't want him getting POd at me.
    Michael from Hampton Roads

Comment

Any monkey that rode in the trunk of anything I drove would be POed at me! I have a friend from college when he spilt with his ex he ended up with the dog (chiwawa). We meet for dinner one night, parked in the deck. There was a f150 sitting there running. I walk over to it and Gizmo pops up and almost ate the side glass. He leave the truck running so Gizmo does not get hot/cold. No need to worry about any one stealing it.

Bad Guy One: Oh man what happend to your face!? Bag Guy Two: I trided to Jack this F150 and a 20 lb chiwawa must have though I was a taco!
      http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
      1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
      ​​​​​​

Comment

Removing the starter motor in a Frightliner truck that was used to pull a 52' semi worked pretty well.

Only takes a few minutes to reinstall but it worked well to prevent anyone from trying to steal the rig.

Jimbo

Comment

Originally posted by tardis454 View Post
          After reading about the stolen 56 Nomad I got to thinking about ways to prevent car theft.
          That's easy ... park next to a nicer car, and done !

Comment

I had my fuel pump wired through a push button switch mounted in the back of my cigarette lighter. Just pushed the lighter (with a rubber cork in the end) in to turn it on and off. But then I changed dashes and havent put it in again.

But my biggest deterrent is all the boxes and stuff around/on it in my garage. You have to clean my garage to get my car.
            Last edited by 66PAPR W8; February 7, 2013, 08:06 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X