Been quite a year so far.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Been quite a year so far.....

In the last week of December we lost the president of our company, who also happens to be the father of my friend and boss. He passed gently after a couple of years in assisted living following a severe stroke.

January 2nd I get a call to get to the hospital asap from my wife. Her Dad threw a clot that hit a kidney, extremely painful stuff, and he was being lifeflighted. The boys and I were able to wave to him as he was loaded in the chopper, and he waved back with a smile.

He passed from complications involving lesser clots late Thursday night. My wife and I were able to be there with him thanks to my employers strong family ethic.

This past Sunday, my boss's brother (also my other boss) fell from 18' scaffolding fracturing his skull and 2 vertebrae, and splitting his scalp from eyebrow to shoulder. Remarkably, he was able to take a few steps today, extremely lucky man. I think God has a few more things for him to do here?

And we've lost a great aunt mid-month. We are beat. Worn-out. Time for a breather.

Anyways, I just wanted to throw this up here. We've lost a great Dad & Grandpa, but are immensely grateful to not see him suffer as so many seem to.

Love ya Dad.

Last edited by STINEY; February 1, 2013, 08:21 AM.
    Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Sorry to hear about all the bad events coming
    at you at once.

Hope things will settle down and get better.
    Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

He looks happy in every picture. Says alot about him.....
      Time Wasters...
      http://public.fotki.com/JoeGrippo/
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/joe_grippo/sets/
      http://www.youtube.com/user/JoeGrippo?feature=mhum

Comment

Sorry for your losses..
        Things have to get better!

Comment

Sorry for your losses, thoughts and prayers headed your way.

Amen on the positive attitude after all the grief.
          Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Life's funny not ha ha. That's a rough one there.
            My condolences Chris. (And don't you go dyin on us now.. ok!!!)

Comment

Glad you were able to get some good time in before the passing, and sorry for your loss. Having a great boss make a job more like a career. Or at lest like of a head ache. Hope all smothes out for a good while.
              Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

My sincere condolences and sympathy for your unfortunate events.

Bob Holmes
                I'm still learning

Comment

My condolences and prayers

Comment

All my Positive Energy coming your way. Death is one of the hardest parts of life but it's just the way the system works (as you know). Doesn't make it any easier, though.

Dan

Comment

Hey Chris, sorry to hear of you Pop's passing. Over the years you have told some good stories here that involved him. He did a good job raising you as his son. I bet he's got the front end hiked up in his sand rail up there on the big dunes in the sky.
                      That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Grippo View Post
                        He looks happy in every picture. Says alot about him.....
                        You nailed that one Joe. We tried and actually failed to find one without a smile. Couldn't be done.

Originally posted by tardis454 View Post
                        My condolences Chris. (And don't you go dyin on us now.. ok!!!)
                        My wife already strictly forbade that for me, guess I'll have to keep up the good fight!

Originally posted by HoosierL98GTA View Post
                        Glad you were able to get some good time in before the passing
                        How does it go? Life in your years, not necessarily years in your life? No regrets, all time available was well spent.

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                        Death is one of the hardest parts of life but it's just the way the system works (as you know). Doesn't make it any easier, though.
                        Amen Brother. Toughest part is wishing my boys would have more experiences with Grandpa like they were becoming accustomed to, they are both trying to figure out a future without him. They will get it, each in his own way, but it's painful to watch.

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post
                        Hey Chris, sorry to hear of you Pop's passing. Over the years you have told some good stories here that involved him. He did a good job raising you as his son. I bet he's got the front end hiked up in his sand rail up there on the big dunes in the sky.
                        And he only had 15 years to straighten me out! See how much of a miracle worker he was? Haha....that's something he would say in a flash. Retired State Trooper, 32nd level Mason, never failed to help out someone if they had a need. Glad my boys are old enough to remember his example of what it means to be a real man.
                        Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Our condolences too, Chris.
                          Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                          HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Prayers to you and your family.
                            Gail
                            That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

Very sorry to hear about that Stiney - think of the good times you had together.
                              Phil / Omaha

Comment

Working...
                              X