money separation anxiety

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• money separation anxiety

Have you ever felt separation anxiety from money when you spent or plan to spend money on some thing you felt you don't need or want?

Jennifer and I like hardwood floors better than carpet. Our house has carpet upstairs. I think the carpet should be cleaned and kept for now, she wants to go ahead a replace it. I am experiencing separation anxiety....
    http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
    1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
    ​​​​​​

NO....Never seen an armored car follow a hearse.....
    The Beatings will continue until MORALE IMPROVES !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chassisman View Post
      NO....Never seen an armored car follow a hearse.....
      Agreed, and we're learning all about that as we go...

Have you ever been in a live session or watched a program where somebody says, "What I THINK Russell is trying to say is...." She wants hardwood and he doesn't.

Our house here had carpet in the upstairs bathrooms when we bought it, a 90's thing. Whoever thought of that was probably trying to cut down on construction costs. Carpet in a bathroom? Yuck amuck.

In any case, we had no trouble agreeing the bathrooms needed some cheap-assed vinyl flooring, something you can mop once every two years whether it needs it or not.

Sorry Russell, not the same thing, threadjack over. Carry on.
      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post
        Agreed, and we're learning all about that as we go...

Have you ever been in a live session or watched a program where somebody says, "What I THINK Russell is trying to say is...." She wants hardwood and he doesn't.

Our house here had carpet in the upstairs bathrooms when we bought it, a 90's thing. Whoever thought of that was probably trying to cut down on construction costs. Carpet in a bathroom? Yuck amuck.

In any case, we had no trouble agreeing the bathrooms needed some cheap-assed vinyl flooring, something you can mop once every two years whether it needs it or not.

Sorry Russell, not the same thing, threadjack over. Carry on.
        When we bought our house it was a foreclosed mess....good thing was it was a blank slate...I steered clear and just wrote checks.....she's happy so I'm happy.....happy WIFE happy LIFE !!!!

Comment

Not hoping to take it with me, there are other things I would rather use it for, pay down house, buy tools, car parts, etc. It does not need to be replaced when it needs to be replaced the will be fine with it.

PB 60' 1.49
          ​​​​​​

Comment

Went through the same thing couple of years ago.......went ahead and
            pulled the trigger on the hardwood.
            The bedrooms are only rooms that have carpet now........and the
            master is gonna get done this spring.

Nice thing about hardwood floors........I can clean house with a leaf blower (she'll never know)
            Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

I have to get my floors refinished but the misses does a nice job keeping them clean and decent looking. On the anxiety part I unfortunatly have that anxiety all the time,with everything .
              Last edited by antmnte; January 31, 2013, 06:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chassisman;
                .happy WIFE happy LIFE !!!!
                Ding ding
                Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

far enough in the south, I'd have hardwood everywhere.

in the cold, it sucks upstairs.

downstairs 1st floor with a basement underneath, ok there.
                  Last edited by Barry Donovan; January 31, 2013, 06:23 PM.
                  Previously boxer3main
                  the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Money anxiety just over large unwanted items. Small unwanted ok, large wanted OK. Maybe I can bargain my way out of floors and into something else.

PB 60' 1.49
                    ​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Russell View Post
                      Money anxiety just over large unwanted items. Small unwanted ok, large wanted OK. Maybe I can bargain my way out of floors and into something else.
                      The Great Negotiator kicks into gear......
                      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Keep your powder dry .

Comment

I do the whole "Do I need it bad enough, will it cause me problems this month, and can I wait a while or should I get it now?" thing every time I buy something more than $100. For me what it comes down to is, if its for the house, for our health, or tools I need, then I just do it as long as I have the money for it. I dont do much of anything on credit, and I like to live well within my means.

The upside.

Hardwood is easier to keep clean, wears quite well, especially with pets. It isnt as expensive as it might seem if you do the work yourself. The hard part is cutting the ends so it fits right, and getting the gaps out of it. Better materials means a better product, if you go laminate dont get the cheapest stuff.

Comment

obviously - i need more money in my life.....
                            Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

Originally posted by oldsman496 View Post
                              obviously - i need more money in my life.....
                              Money is an evil thing......EVIL it is.....

Comment

Working...
                              X