Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

need help finding pictures of this old school drag car fros the bs knowledge base

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help finding pictures of this old school drag car fros the bs knowledge base

onje of our town locals who runs the shell gas station brought this out a while ago for our show we didnt even know he had it. i was wondering if anyone had any knowledge or pics of this bad boy i wanted to find some and showthem to him since he has always treated us really well.
    GF:Did you motor blow up?
    Me:No i took the rod and shoved it through my block on purpose...

thats him larry hanson in the seat again
    Attached Files
    Last edited by award69129; February 2, 2013, 01:07 AM.

Comment

Man, that is a damned cool piece. Here is a photos of it from the late 1950s or very early 1960s. I don't think this car was campaigned by Martin and Nelson, but probably a customer. Either that or it was run by those guys earlier in their career as Dode and Martin were running OHV Chevy engines by the late 1950s and seeing as this was a d/dragster (lower class sportsman car) it may have been a privateer effort. One thing I keep going back to though it that the Dragmaster "works" cars always had names with "thing" in them. There was the "Two Thing" twin engine car, the "One thing" single engine machine, this one is obviously the "Little thing" and then there was the "Dragliner" that they built in '57 but that obviously was a different deal.

Being a d/dragster this car was a flyweight. C-dragsters of the time weighted in a 1500lbs give or take and they typically ran small block Chevy engines (265/283). This thing must have been even lighter and that flathead is probably around 250 inches or so. Not a barn burner, but a very cool car!

Here's a link to the photo -

Last edited by Brian Lohnes; February 2, 2013, 07:26 AM.
      That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

A very bitchin' FED!!!
        Jeremy George in Windsor NY

Comment

Have seen this car before. I can't swear to this but I believe it's a modern build from period parts.
          Serious gearhead? Visit----> Mac's Motor City Garage.com

Comment

Thanks brain that a sweet pic knew someone on here would have some info on it. Yeah it could be a modern build i really don't know for sure i'm gana take the picture down to him soon and see if he wants to give some more information on it. knowing him he will talk for a few hours so win win.

Comment

Working...
            X