No announcement yet.

Ever import a car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1. Am I the only one who's missing the blatant point of Eagle listening to his mom? Sorry, dude, but you're of the age where if she's that concerned, she can buy the car. Just my two cents.

2. I've seen exceptions to the rule (ie. the Ute with the G8 nose that was at the Pavillions cruise a couple of wks ago) but I'm still searching on exactly how that's legal. It smacks of the Skylines that were very iffy...could bite you in the ass. Otherwise, Aussie/US import is 25 or older, or you have to bring it up to regs (and that possibly might involve a crash test.) I would think it's easy to get a Ute to work using G8 stuff, but the rear bumper might be an issue...from what I see, Ute/Maloo don't really have a rear bumper.
    Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

My mom had a TR3, a Nomad, a Trans Am, Hurst Olds, and probably some other junk I don't know about. What's wrong with listening to your mom?
      Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

If my mother was that concerned about what I drove, that would be my stand. Might be just me.
        Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Originally posted by 70chevyC-10 View Post
          Contact Kiwi Shipping - it won't be cheap though. I'm thinking Beagle is pretty close at $3k port-to-port as a guess, maybe a little less.
          But DOT rules and regs will drive you nuts for EVERYTHING - from glass to lenses to tires - brake fluid, etc. Lots to think about and pay for in the process, good luck.

Kiwi's parent company is Mainfreight USA (whom I work for) -
          they ship both directions and also have a "finder" service too.

http://www.kiwishipping.co.nz/

I have used Steve (kiwishipping) to bring my suburban down to New Zealand and I was very happy with them

Comment

Good to hear Steve - it's neat to see all the cars and parts they move, sorry to see them leave though. They build ramps and can stack cars in 40' HiCubes in some cases.
            Phil / Omaha

Comment

Working...
            X