What did you do in the weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What did you do in the weekend

Well to get things started I did some cooking.....yep I cooked a set of 265s
    The New Zealand Cannonball run 2013, this was an attempt to break the world record for having a large amount of RWD cars doing a burnout all at the same time...

I'm in the the white Camaro

I spent one day in the ER, the other trying to get back to 100% so I can go back to work.
    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Not to bad I hope, not bad enough to stop you from driving

Comment

I finished sorting all the my tools out and started taking my '99 Camaro apart to do the head and cam swap.....

Comment

Originally posted by bryankiwi View Post
          Not to bad I hope, not bad enough to stop you from driving
          The driving isn't the problem. The carrying of luggage will be.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Scott - sorry you're having issues. My grandson has periodic problems as well but he's mostly OK as long as he stays on the Remicade (I think it is) - monthly infusions.

And Kiwi - you guys are nuts! Did you set the record?

As far as what I did - check my project thread.

Dan
            Last edited by DanStokes; February 4, 2013, 07:16 AM.

Comment

I spent Saturday doing stats homework and Sunday rearranging my Simpsons Tapped Out town and talking to Bryan as he drove home. I didn't even watch the super bowl.
              Who needs sugar and spice and everything nice? I'm a Southern girl - give me cars, guns and whiskey on ice. ~Mrs. Remy-Z

Comment

The only thing I did automotive-wise was swap out a headlight bulb for my fiancee's daughter on her Cobalt. She actually READ her owner's manual and instructed me on getting headlight out so I could change the bulb!

Too cold to do anything but refuel and scrape ice.

Comment

Geez Scott, I hope it gets better for you, ER's are no fun but they're great when you need them.

Transported some parts over to Brownsburg then came home and cleaned up some parts, I worked on a Fertilizer Spreader Sunday, how's that for a fun weekend!
                  sigpic

Just an Old Drag Racer that still has dreams of going fast!

Comment

While tearing a 5.7 Hemi apart for 'just' a crankswap, I decided not to stop there, but also check out the cam and blow through the oilpassages in the block.
                    That's when I found the cam didn't want to come out.
                    After some persuading it gave up and I was shown a cam with an extra moving part...

www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

Drank coffee with the guys Saturday morning, spent the rest of the day removing and cleaning parts on the van. TLD told me that the diesel was leaking oil again, Saturday night. Its frustrated both of us for a couple of years. So Sunday I pulled apart the problem area (I understand why the prior owner safety wired the bolts but....damn) got a new gasket and put it back together again.

Then spent the rest of the evening watching the Stupid Bowl with my sons and their friend.
                      I'm still learning

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                        Scott - sorry you're having issues. My grandson has periodic problems as well but he's mostly OK as long as he stays on the Remicade (I think it is) - monthly infusions.

And Kiwi - you guys are nuts! Did you set the record?

As far as what I did - check my project thread.

Dan
                        It was dehydration from the flu.

I hope your grandson is doing OK. I wouldn't let them come near me with Remicade. For me, the problems from shutting down one's immune system would cause far more dangerous problems than Crohns.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

I rode my Beach Cruiser around the SoCal beaches both days. Santa Monica, Venice, Dockweiler, Manhatten, and Hermosa. I dig watching the bigger jets take off right over head from LAX. The bigger 380's just seem to lumber along at a snail's pace. It's pretty amazing
                          Last edited by groucho; February 4, 2013, 12:08 PM.
                          STUGOTS

Comment

Sat., dropped my new dragster off at the fab shop to get the stuff done that I needed to have modified. Went back to my shop and fired the motor in my old car one more time and then started taking the motor and trans out of it because it's going in my new car.

Sun., watched the 49'ers lose and tried to take care of wife who has the flu. Scott, I feel your pain. Wife has been down since Friday with it and my fabricator had it all last week!

Comment

A cannonball run to Colorado Springs to assist my family in preparing for a relative's funeral, and a cannonball back last night.
                              Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Working...
                              X