Driveshaft Input Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
    Alex, that type of yoke would work, assuming you add a slip-stub yoke setup in the driveshaft.
    That is what I was thinking....... Though I was thinking the two piece driveshaft like in my '71 GMC......
    Last edited by TC; February 4, 2013, 10:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TC View Post
      That is what I was thinking....... Though I was thinking the two piece driveshaft like in my '71 GMC......
      Have to be a really short driveshaft with a carrier bearing added to it..
      Want a longer driveshaft to not have U-joint killing angles

Comment

Alex - THANKS for the link. That might be just what the Doc ordered. I'll follow the link.

Dan

Comment

Following the leads from Alex I came up with a plan. Seems that the Driveshaft Shop offers a plate to adapt to the back of the trans and (I think) drilled for a standard U-joint 4 bolt flange. They wanted megabux to make a shaft but I checked in with our local driveshaft shop and he says if I can get the plate he can make the shaft for less than half the price. Call me cheap but I can make this call! So I need to just order up the plate.

Dan
          Last edited by DanStokes; February 4, 2013, 03:07 PM.

Comment

the front drive shaft idea would work ,have them added the stub and slip to the rear axle end of the shaft...

Comment

Originally posted by TC View Post
              Would something like this work?? It's for a GTO......

that might work with a machined adapter flange and a slip yoke design from a 4X4??
              Patrick & Tammy
              - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Another source for drive shafts that include a slip yoke that you can modify once the flange is figured out are the Ranger pickup trucks in 4wd. The shaft bolts to the trans flange, with the slip in the shaft.
                1997 Ranger 5.0L HO, GT40 heads/tubular intake, 65mm TB, 1.7rr, B303, Tri-Y headers, dual 2.5" exhaust, Flowmaster mufflers, T5 trans, Tri-Ax shifter, CenterForce Dual Friction clutch, 8.8 Traction Lok 3.55 gears, Cobra 13" front brakes, Cobra 11.65" rear discs.
                1997 Mustang GT
                sigpic

Comment

Teddy - I think that's more or less what the local shop has in mind. As soon as I mentioned the plate he lit up and said we could "just.......".

Dan

Comment

Working...
                  X