Dyno pull: 5.56 hp / ci street engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dyno pull: 5.56 hp / ci street engine

A clip from testing last weekend with the Huber family. They are simply the best. 'Nuff said.

www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

NICE! You are lucky to have them as clients and they're lucky to have you and your skills.

BSers - You might get get the wrong impression from some of Scott's posts but he's really a great guy. He's just SO passionate about what he does.

Dan

Comment

173*5.56=961.88! Wow that should make a fox move pretty good!

Just to compaire 173 in^2 = 2.835 L 961.88/2.835= 339 HP/L!

Is that the highest hp/ci you have seen?
      http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
      1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
      ​​​​​​

Comment

Nicely done.
        I'm still learning

Comment

hellacious.
          caught the vid last evening.

I was honestly waiting fo the resonance to come vibrating my eyes over the headphones...
          that must have one hell of a machinist, trials and errors.

nice.

tuning and that generation, it is only happening in the past few years. Awesome example of good work. They never shipped with a real tune.

I watched the long vid on the history of formula 1..they gave up the inline for for bending. That was early 80s, even inspired the cosworth vega.

all junk.

Today in that vid is the difference in evolution applied. It keeps me going with an 80s boxer, seeing this stuffed.

..and sohc is my favorite theory. love this.

recently, as I have no power bragging, I got pulled over for a loud exhaust, with a muffler and catalyst, nice setup. modern tuning...the real stoich as a little surprise.
          Last edited by Barry Donovan; February 5, 2013, 11:20 AM.
          Previously boxer3main
          the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

HUGE power! Very impressive
            STUGOTS

Comment

Good things happen when both parties are willing to learn, Scott picks up info like Vaccuum and then apply's it very well
              2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
              First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
              2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
              2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Cool.........you were over at Steve Morley's place?
                Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Originally posted by Monk View Post
                  Cool.........you were over at Steve Morley's place?
                  yes, morley has one of the best dyno facilities this side of roger penske and is a really great guy!!
                  www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Just 5.56/ci? lame. Crazy little motor. Hope it makes a return to DW.
                    used to be purplecobra, now just myself. I still drive a mustang!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek View Post
                      yes, morley has one of the best dyno facilities this side of roger penske and is a really great guy!!
                      Yeah.....he's well know in the area....met him a couple of times.
                      You were about 20 minutes from my house.
                      Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

The Hubers and that Fox body never cease to amaze me, just when you think they've sqeezed everything out of it here they come again, way to go Scott!
                        sigpic

Just an Old Drag Racer that still has dreams of going fast!

Comment

What's the skinny on the engine and EMS? MS3x I'm assuming and I see it's still a SOHC head. How did the get the extra cid out of the engine?
                          Central TEXAS Sleeper
                          USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

fantabulous
                            There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by CTX-SLPR View Post
                              What's the skinny on the engine and EMS? MS3x I'm assuming and I see it's still a SOHC head. How did the get the extra cid out of the engine?
                              Extra CID is by way of an aftermarket tall deck block. The EFI system on that engine is MS1-Extra, 36-1 reluctor wheel with an LS position sensor, using 4 IGN1-A coils fired in pairs (waste spark).

The IGN1-A coils on that engine are six years old, as are the plug wires!!! When purchased, those coils were $45 apiece. Now they are more like $75 apiece. Still a lot cheaper than a distributor + coil + ignition box, lives on the street and can support 5+hp per cubic inch... and no caps or rotors to replace.

Hubers are putting together a new combination to be tested in the next month or two. It should make more power.

-Scott
                              Last edited by dieselgeek; February 7, 2013, 09:43 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X