Thoughts on parts!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on parts!

Ok, I'm thinking about buying a set of these for the truck.

What is everyones opinions on them? Does anyone have them on a running engine? Does anyone have a set they want to sell.
    I have the Clear gear diff cover on the rear end so I figured I may as well include this also.

Put sealer on the cover and it's not leaking anymore...Yea!!!
    Last edited by Andy4639; February 5, 2013, 07:46 PM.
    Retirement is better than I thought!

Interesting.....but not my thing.
    Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

i fergot his screen name on here, 64steel or somethin like that, red and black 64 chevelle, he has/had a set of those on his car
      Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Originally posted by BOOOGHAR View Post
        i fergot his screen name on here, 64steel or somethin like that, red and black 64 chevelle, he has/had a set of those on his car
        Ahhh 64casteel?

Comment

Yeah 64Casteel or something like that, I communicated with him about the covers once and I think he said someone local had made those for him. I used to run a set of clear Plexiglass covers on a race car years ago and everytime you'd get gas on them that would ruin them and give a shattered effect but I'm sure they've improved them over the last 35 years, I probably went through 4 sets before giving up and going back to Aluminum.
          sigpic

Just an Old Drag Racer that still has dreams of going fast!

Comment

Whatever flicks your Bic........

Comment

Not sure if they are worth $250.00 but thought about a set to match the rear end cover.
              [IMG][/IMG]
              Retirement is better than I thought!

Comment

What exactly are they made of? I'd want to check the plastic's temperature rating before putting it under the hood.

Comment

IMHO, they're kinda cheesy .... best left to the streetrod car show guys.
                  Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                    Ahhh 64casteel?
                    yea, thats it. as for a clear rear end cover, whos going to see it with your truck lowered ?
                    Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Originally posted by Andy4639 View Post
                      Ok, I'm thinking about buying a set of these for the truck.

What is everyones opinions on them? Does anyone have them on a running engine? Does anyone have a set they want to sell.
                      I have the Clear gear diff cover on the rear end so I figured I may as well include this also.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_n7lYNXVgg
                      Being a mechanic, I enjoy seeing internals at work. "Like". Let's see a clear oil pan and timing cover too.
                      Last edited by groucho; February 6, 2013, 03:08 PM.
                      STUGOTS

Comment

Where's the oil?
                        Last edited by groucho; February 6, 2013, 03:08 PM.
                        STUGOTS

Comment

I think I would like those on my Camaro. Where can I find them?

Comment

Originally posted by Chad's Dad View Post
                            I think I would like those on my Camaro. Where can I find them?
                            They're on ebay for $249. Hi BTW, I'm friends with Chad. Pretty cool about you owning that car all these years. I went thru many 1st gen Camaros back a bunch of years. 69 Z's were my favorite for a very long time. I probly owned over 30 of them (4 at one time once). I wished I'd kept just one. But, when you're young, you think the supply would never run out (or get so damn expensive)
                            Last edited by groucho; February 7, 2013, 11:08 AM.
                            STUGOTS

Comment

Working...
                            X