Dont know the problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dont know the problem

I have a 87 Monte Carlo Ls i got it as something i could slowly put money into. It was a 6cyl when i got it and i just put a sbc in it and for some odd reason when i get on it the motor breaks up and wants to stall and it happens almost everytime i turn left.. what could it be does anyone know.

thanks

Can be a lot of things, how much gas is in the tank??, what kind of fuel pressure do you have, what kind of carb are you running and at that is the float level in the carb set right.....

Comment

There is alway enough gas and I have a holly 600 carb. Now I was told that I need a electric fuel pump due to that I still have the 6cyl gas tank and I was told that it may not be pushing enough gas to the motor ..

Comment

The first thing to determine if it's fuel, or spark causing the issue. Do you have a tachometer in the car and does it bounce or behave erratic when the engine breaks up?
        www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

I don't have a tach just yet so I am not sure.

Comment

left turn stall..

I always guess fuel.
            a carbed subaru does that, really silly.

main jet or float..of course, after knowing you have enough fuel pumping.

I ponder pcv hooked up needs a good squirt of fuel on left turn or something. left turn only...
            linear to rotation of engine mystery.

the cure seems to be a bigger main jet after all the normal stuff is figured out.
            Previously boxer3main
            the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Might be crud in the fuel tank especially if the pickup is on the right side of the tank.
              Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

What are you currently using for a gas tank?

The 6 cylinder Monte was TBI and used an electric fuel pump in the gas tank. Did you replace the fuel injection sending unit and fuel pump with the sending unit for a carb'd Monte?

The gas tank itself doesn't need to be replaced, as the only difference is a plastic baffle that was added to prevent fuel starvation of the in-tank pump.
                I take photos.

Comment

Working...
                X