Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well stated Jeff!

Comment

It will be ready for another redo in a couple of years. Look how many times it has changed already, I would drive it !
      used to be purplecobra, now just myself. I still drive a mustang!!!!!

Comment

We all know this is the real one.

I R Bob
        You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
        2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

In its current form built to give advertisers ink. No surprise, pretty much SOP in enthusiast mags.
          Michael from Hampton Roads

Comment

The car was a pos back then. Rust holes in floors and trunk. The roll bar was just bolted in for pics. They gave it to GM's special vehicle for the makeover and show off their limited edition aluminum ZL1 427 reissue a few years ago. They did fix its issues, but in the process took the car from.the average rodders to the high dollar check writers car. That is why I am not a fan. There is argument that it is a quality build. I wasnt impressed that they felt the need to change it from a 210 to a Bel Air. Pathetic really. I didnt like they removed the hood bullets to make air inlets. The cartoony wheels speak for them.selves.
            BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Some cars JUST DON'T need a facelift ..

Project X was one of those car's ..refresh, ok .. maybe a little, I seen it right after Power Tour in a little bity car show the following weekend in Haltom City Texas in ..2002 ?? ( I forget what year that was )

From 1000 feet away, you could tell what it was .. ,

desclaimer

I was not able to go on Power Tour had never seen it in real life previous

And, I give you this ..

sigpic

Comment

So you are saying Prissy looks better now than back then?... I think not..

I really liked the 57 when it had a small block.. Nothing wrong with nor against big blocks..

Minor rust needs fixing, granted.. But the comic book tire/wheel combo now and bel aire insert... Not too cool..

Comment

What made it great was the Common Man part of it, I would rather have a Fire Breathing monster with a Stop sign for a floor board, than a Prom Queen that is afraid to get her Dress dirty.
                  You just dont put Fake Boobs on the Mona Lisa!
                  Last edited by JeffMcKC; February 8, 2013, 07:36 AM.
                  2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
                  First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
                  2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
                  2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Originally posted by JeffMcKC View Post
                    What made it great was the Common Man part of it, I would rather have a Fire Breathing monster with a Stop sign for a floor board, than a Prom Queen that is afraid to get her Dress dirty.
                    You just dont put Fake Boobs on the Mona Lisa!
                    Indeed! Her smile shows how sexy she really is!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Project-X-circa-70s.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	88.9 KB
ID:	867025Click image for larger version

Name:	Project-X-1965-pic.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	87.0 KB
ID:	867024
                      2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
                      First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
                      2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
                      2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Working...
                        X