No announcement yet.

Hey Bruab!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just made my flight reservations for Brazil, leaving in 10 days.
    "First I believe if you keep the RPM's high enough, ANYTHING is possible." PeeWee

Comment

I am jump starting the buggy , get it going for the storm.

still claiming 20 inches here.
      currently 8F and "lightning snow" right now. That is just my name for it, there is no actual lightning.
      Previously boxer3main
      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

The wind should be hauling ass pretty good tonight. 50-60mph gusts I guess. I heard one guy say that it will be snowing 4-inches per hour at points tonight. May be out on the road driving a Mack dump truck with a plow for a contractor friend. That'll be an adventure!
        Last edited by Brian Lohnes; February 8, 2013, 10:23 AM.
        That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Here's my house in Montvale about 4PM

Tom
          Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Got another update?
            Brian?..
            Barry???

Would be cool seeing one object/view change as it piles on!

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post
              The wind should be hauling ass pretty good tonight. 50-60mph gusts I guess. I heard one guy say that it will be snowing 4-inches per hour at points tonight. May be out on the road driving a Mack dump truck with a plow for a contractor friend. That'll be an adventure!
              Don't forget your mittens!
              Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
              HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Here's this morning 13.5" later after snow blowing my sidewalk, driveway, elderly neighbor's driveway and sidewalk.

Then drove 150 miles to PA.
                Tom
                Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                  Got another update?
                  Brian?..
                  Barry???

Would be cool seeing one object/view change as it piles on!
                  freak wind storm. I saw snow falling at a good clip for hours, it must have landed in northern greenland. We hit 69mph local, and about 50mph steady for hours...too fast for the little buggers to make a landing.

if you are wondering about bangors only official reading. they did not build the runway on top of a hill. Wind speed is always less. Goofy as their temperatures being off. I worked there for years. it gets windy, but it is holy hell most everywhere else. I think the airport stops at 38mph even if its 85.

I wonder where the snow went, I saw it falling at a good clip. The wind hit 69mph local. Not much for plowing or snowing, until you find a drift. This is a natural pile and shape, unhindered. The storm put it there.

I still want a weather station after a storm like this. I do not have lips for kissing butt to gain a funding. I have a theory about the airports "cozy" numbers...this whole place is a highland. the entire locale.

anyway. the reading at 69 was called "essex st" at weather underground. The only other bangor reading. You have to multiply the wind by 3. Been there for several years. I deciphered it back then working with airport numbers. when the airport hit 58, essex st. read 69.

I should get my own on top of the 3rd story stair case here..Double pain windows sound like a train whistle.
                  I did make a video. a little more editing, keeping it short.
                  Last edited by Barry Donovan; February 9, 2013, 02:40 PM.
                  Previously boxer3main
                  the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Barry that's weird how the snow piled up like that. Nice shot
                    Tom
                    Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Thanks Barry!
                      I think how buildings are situated to wind blow direction.. Foreground was prolly a swirl?

Real glad you are ok, man!

Comment

Working...
                      X