Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ralph Kitron's Very Neat Playroom

Folks:

Tuesday, a real neat person left this planet; his name was Ralph Kitron, we knew him simply as "Ralphie". As he would not have it so, this is not a memorial.

But if you have a few moments, please look at this video, recorded the day before he passed. This was a man who was one of us and lived his hot rodding and drag racing passion as a continuing, lifelong celebration. Please go here to see and hear:

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9PBs_5NU_Y

Finally, a few words form his obituary, "Ralph was born April 14, 1939 in an apartment above North Shore Inn in Benton Harbor. He had a passion for hot rods/cars and was a member of the Road Barons Car Club in Benton Harbor during high school. He graduated from St. Joseph High School in 1957. His passion for building and restoring cars led him to become a member of the National Hot Rod Association. His 1969 Swamp Fox Top Fuel Dragster that he re-built was picked as one of the NHRA's Golden 50 in the nation. It was displayed at the NHRA Motor Sports Museum in Pomona, CA. His autos were featured in many Blossomtime Parades, with Pink Panther at the helm. Ralph owned and operated Ralph's Place at Brian's Marina in St. Joseph for many years."

'Bye, Ralphie,
    Jon Lundberg
    Jon W. Lundberg, Sr., RETIRED

Jon Lundberg, did you do the announcing at Bandimere for the Gasser Championships back in 1994?

Comment

My internet may be the problem,I couldn't get the like to work but I did go to you tube and saw the kitron dragstip video.I think that is the one your talking about. Cool room . Sorry we lost another hot rodder and sorry most for your loss of a friend. He seems cool.
      Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

YES

Originally posted by GH View Post
        Jon Lundberg, did you do the announcing at Bandimere for the Gasser Championships back in 1994?
        Jon W. Lundberg, Sr., RETIRED

Comment

Originally posted by HoosierL98GTA View Post
          My internet may be the problem,I couldn't get the like to work but I did go to you tube and saw the kitron dragstip video.I think that is the one your talking about. Cool room . Sorry we lost another hot rodder and sorry most for your loss of a friend. He seems cool.
          Previously boxer3main
          the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Jon, I raced a yellow 41 Willys coupe in A/GS. I was the slowest of 4 cars but was the luckiest, I won.
            Attached Files

Comment

Hey Barry, thanks. That was the one I found.
              Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Jon, I see that you are to be an Honoree at the Hot Rod Reunion at Bowling Green this June, that's awesome. Hope you have a great time there.

Comment

Working...
                X