X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bulletproof
    replied
    Originally posted by BOOOGHAR View Post
    after last months hot rod (i got the new one today) there were 3 cars featured in bare metal, so dont worry, that'll be the new trend and we wont have to see anymore flat black or pantina'd rides
    bare metal has been pretty popular in the pre65 hot rod /custom scene for years,,hot rod mag just started posting pics of them...

Leave a comment:

• bulletproof
    replied
    Originally posted by ImpalaSam View Post
    If leaving the "patina" is the difference between getting a car on the road and it just sitting, waiting, then by all means drive it with patina. If a car is built with what seems like an unlimited budget but the bad paint/patina is left just because it is the "in" thing right now, then I'm not such a fan.
    this might be the case for my henry j...its gonna be close getting it ready for drag week..

Leave a comment:

• ImpalaSam
    replied
    If leaving the "patina" is the difference between getting a car on the road and it just sitting, waiting, then by all means drive it with patina. If a car is built with what seems like an unlimited budget but the bad paint/patina is left just because it is the "in" thing right now, then I'm not such a fan.

Leave a comment:

• TC
    replied
    Remember the worse the paint job, that faster it is.....

Leave a comment:

• cantvalve16
    replied
    Do what you like. Photograph what you enjoy. There is plenty of ideas and tastes in this hobby that everyone can get a little visual dessert. Isn't this country great?

Leave a comment:

• Thumpin455
    replied
    I drove around in rattle can painted cars until 2002, didnt bother fixing rust until 2006. Now the rage is no paint and junk like I drove for a couple decades. The way I see it is HRM and the rest are behind me, so that means I am leading the pack.

Why not low buck DIY paint that isnt flat black instead of patina?

Leave a comment:

• BOOOGHAR
    replied
    after last months hot rod (i got the new one today) there were 3 cars featured in bare metal, so dont worry, that'll be the new trend and we wont have to see anymore flat black or pantina'd rides

Leave a comment:

• Monk
    replied
    Lots of my junk, back in the day, all had bad paint jobs.

Today I can afford a good paint job......so I paint 'em.

Leave a comment:

• squirrel
    replied
    Originally posted by BigDad View Post

That's a good lookin 55

Leave a comment:

• BigDad
    replied
    Paint this ..?? Ahhhh, no ..

Leave a comment:

• Barry Donovan
    replied
    the sun cycle defends paint..regardless of cool factor, they will get bothered by the storms.

if I can keep a tin can painted, the old 16 gauge should be beautiful easily. I agree about paint.

at least fake with a clear coat over the patina look...dual purpose. old look, new paint.

Leave a comment:

• BigDad
    replied
    Sorry , don't agree so much

Body work / prep / paint / re-do trim ..etc ... is X-pensive , Body shop prison can easy last (???) < ??

Paint that shines is AWESOME but, it brings along with it another huge set of issues (set backs)

I am cool with a project done well, nice fab work and lousy paint ..and or "patina"

real or fake, its art (IMHO)

Leave a comment:

• Beagle
    started a topic "Patina" or "Paint that sh*t"

"Patina" or "Paint that sh*t"

can somebody shoot me? Please god, no more patina. Please paint it. Rust sucks.

*if your junk has paint, but the paint aint great, but it's not just an open rust sore, I'm okay. I'm talking tetinus "patina"...
    Last edited by Beagle; February 7, 2013, 07:03 PM.
Working...
X