No announcement yet.

Dumbest way you've hurt yourself

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right now I have an unkown elbow injury I developed from weight lifting. I was increasing the ammount of weight I was doing rapidly but it seems something somewhere was not keeping up and now I have a grip strength of 170pound in my right hand and 30 in my left. it hurts to lift anything up with it. Physical therapy is not helping so next come the images and then we will determine if they need to cut me....
    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post
      Right now I have an unkown elbow injury I developed from weight lifting. I was increasing the ammount of weight I was doing rapidly but it seems something somewhere was not keeping up and now I have a grip strength of 170pound in my right hand and 30 in my left. it hurts to lift anything up with it. Physical therapy is not helping so next come the images and then we will determine if they need to cut me....
      Hated.

I also get a recurring elbow/ forearm injury. It's the tendons below the elbow on the inside. Smearing thin-set and grout on floor tile jobs seems to do me in. It hurts for a couple months after doing a 2 day tile job. So I don't do tile anymore. Simply not worth it.

Old age sucks... ripe old age of 41.

Comment

Dropped a jack I was draggin behind me on my leg.

Took 9 stitches to close it up. And it was 12 hours before my flight to Hawaii for vacation!
        1970 Camaro RS - SOLD | 2000 Camaro SS - Traded in for a Hyundai...
        1966 Ford Thunderbird - SOLD | 1963 MGB, abandoned V8 project, FOR SALE/SCRAP

1978 Cutlass - Post Lay-off daily driver

Comment

Originally posted by yellomalibu View Post
          Hated.

I also get a recurring elbow/ forearm injury. It's the tendons below the elbow on the inside. Smearing thin-set and grout on floor tile jobs seems to do me in. It hurts for a couple months after doing a 2 day tile job. So I don't do tile anymore. Simply not worth it.

Old age sucks... ripe old age of 41.
          exactly where mine is but now it radiates down to my hand and middle finger...they are calling it tennis elbow but it should have responded to the PT by now...they do it backwards in the military...PT first then images...most normal people will make sure there is no damage and no rsik effing it up more with PT...but thats the DoD for ya...couple that with my arthritis, degenerative disk disease and asthma and things are gonna be super awesome in about 10 years....38 now.
          Last edited by JOES66FURY; February 14, 2013, 03:06 PM.
          If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

In the past week.....minor injuries, but I'm thinking we should buy stock in Band-Aids....

Working on Red, tightening the caliper mount...bolt broke.....major blood. Big slice out of the pinky finger on the right hand. Don't even know what part of the undercarriage I hit with it, never will. No stitches, just another scar.

Putting the wheels on today. I had no idea a pull handle/socket setup has a pinch point on it. It sure does. Blood blister, pop it, another Band Aid.

And Barry the UPS guy delivered Unit's Valentine roses this afternoon. Got cut on the front storm door latch. "Hey Barry!" Oh, scuse me I'm bleeding. Another-nuther Band Aid. I'm scared to move. I might get killed.
            Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Was trying to remove some old exhaust tubing off the Imperial last night. Pipe gave way, I ended up smashing fingers between metal and subframe.

The middle finger on my right hand has a nice purple nail now.
              Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Working...
              X