X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Look at this beast!!!

Dude, rear suspension is for sissies!

eleventy billion...hilarious.

I'm sue she rides like an absolute dream!

Brian

That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

I just have flashbacks to college when a buddy of mine, in his quest to have the lowest '68 GMC full size truck around, took 2 pieces od chain and chained the rear axle to the frame. Drove like a longbed pogo stick. The rear tires were literally bouncing off the ground as he drove thru the parking lot.
      Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
      1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
      1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
      1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
      1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
      1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

Safety?????????? Who needs that? I want to do wheelies in that down the street ;D ;D

We don't need any stinkin' safety ;D

Seth
        200 mph or bust.......

Comment

Originally posted by fahrenschnell
          Safety?????????? Who needs that? I want to do wheelies in that down the street ;D ;D

We don't need any stinkin' safety ;D

Seth
          The man speaks the truth....my safety is an extra hoody or pair of pants so if i crash im "more" protected

Comment

Joe, I think most of us knew that already.

Evidence of a major head injury in your past becomes more evident every day.

Brian
            That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
              Joe, I think most of us knew that already.

Evidence of a major head injury in your past becomes more evident every day.

Brian
              ;D ;D yep Joey no smart,like go fast and naked woman thats about it

Comment

Hey!!!!! What's wrong with a few major head injuries? ;D

I'm on concussion #13 ;D ;D(really I am :P)

Explains a lot doesn't it.

Seth
                200 mph or bust.......

Comment

Seth - I thought you had a congenial soldier deficiency (or something like that). NOW I'm beginning to understand!

But back on the truck.... In these swaps, it was not uncommon back then for the trans and diff to be joined and the whole deal suspended. Unsprung weight went thru the roof, but these rigs weren't going to handle anyway. As I recall, that's the basic layout of the blown SBC-powered VW bus - been in HR and we had it at Maxton in April.

I've spoken of the Sanders family in previous posts. They had a Bantam gasser and built one of these as the transporter. It had two beds welded end to end and two rear axles (one pair of tires on each axle). I've forgotten how the car loaded, but it looked pretty sharp, I can tell you. As I recall, the Econoline was FE powered, and only the center axle was powered, but that was a LONG time ago. Everything they did was PRO, so it all was pretty sharp.

Dan

Comment

When I was in high school, there was a guy that drove one of those, shortened about two foot with a bad-ass engine. He loved to go through the parking lot on the rear two tires.

Comment

Much like most street rod out there with a sbc, I call that as I see it, a hack.
                      {here we go, stiring up some sh*t, LOL}

anyways, that could be alot of fun, no matter what powers it.
                      A local guy has a thing for them, has 3-4 of them, runs a semi body shop.

There is one floating around, like a 50's pastel blue, with a 426+ ci stroker cleveland, and the way it was done is beyond clean...sounds just plain nasty as well, like any good cleveland does.
                      Andrew
                      1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
                      2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

Working...
                      X