One of Sire Custom's customer car makes news in big, fiery fashion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One of Sire Custom's customer car makes news in big, fiery fashion

Yannick and the crew spent over 300 hours and thousands of dollars putting together this car for a customer who ends up in a police chase live on TV and crashes the car in a spectacular fiery way. Owner/driver is a moron of the highest order. Definitely more money than brains. Car was complete less than two weeks ago too. It was a red 91 Camaro even though the news says it was a Mustang.

Some pics of the car before and after from Sire Custom Performance' FB page. The roll cage saved his life.

After the crash and fire. Mr Brilliant had a 2 gallon gas can in the car with him during the crash. The A1000 pump was running at full song at the speed he was running, fuel sprayed all over.

The engine block is broke on both sides. The TH400 had a Gearvendors' on it, it's split in two and the driveshaft rammed so far up it, they can't get it out.

This guy should be kissing Yannick's feet for building him such a car that could handle hit that hard into solid concrete and he walk away with only a broken arm. What a freaking bozo.
    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

if you're going to go, go big.

what a maroon (to quote bugs bunny).

DUI and eluding.... he won't need a car for awhile
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
      if you're going to go, go big.

what a maroon (to quote bugs bunny).

DUI and eluding.... he won't need a car for awhile
      He wasn't drunk. He didn't know he was being followed until 30 seconds before he bit it when the police chopper lit him up. Yes, what a maroon.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
        He wasn't drunk. He didn't know he was being followed until 30 seconds before he bit it when the police chopper lit him up. Yes, what a maroon.
        Not saying I know this guy from Adam - but I've heard that line from absolutely every single person who comes into my office.... "I wasn't drunk, I didn't know they were following me, and they were looking for someone else" .... although I heard a new one a couple weeks ago - "they changed the law, the state changed the law to make more money - so I didn't know I was breaking any law"...
        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

News said the police were following way behind in a watch and follow mode. The owner is just an idiot who likes to drive way too fast all the time. He crashed his Fox Stang doing burnouts on the freeway.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

thats crazy to see how much the car buckled after hitting the wall
            Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Originally posted by BOOOGHAR View Post
              thats crazy to see how much the car buckled after hitting the wall
              91 camaro.
              as scott said..the builders did good to just leave it at a broken arm.

in one photo you can see the scrawny beam spanning the tunel. My subaru missing a beam has one twice as thick.. and my sube drove me to welding like a mad man anyway.

...just for 100hp.

there is bad spells in history. that camaro is only the tail end of a several year pansy run by factory. they even used the driveshaft as structure.

I'll quote an x-marine friend lucky to be alive (he totalled one and killed his friend)

"who let the gewk in?"
              Last edited by Barry Donovan; February 10, 2013, 06:54 AM.
              Previously boxer3main
              the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

If he wasn't drunk then I believe he didn't know, he was using turn signals!
                Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by HoosierL98GTA View Post
                  If he wasn't drunk then I believe he didn't know, he was using turn signals!
                  exactly what I was thinking- he's all over the signals. Didn't look to me like he was trying to evade ? I didn't think he was going all that fast. Bummer about the car, damn it went up fast.
                  Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

For the DIY-EFI guys, this is why you should always wire the fuel pump relay to the ECU so it can shut off when the engine is stalled. Most guys wiring up new EFI have the pump run when the ignition is on - which means it keeps running in an accident situation like this one. That is also why the OEMs wire it the same way.
                    www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

It's not just an EFI thing....an oil pressure switch that cuts off power to the pump when the engine stops is a good idea on any car with an electric pump. And if you get a 3 terminal switch, it can be wired so the pump will run while cranking the engine, before it builds oil pressure.
                      Last edited by squirrel; February 10, 2013, 09:59 AM.
                      My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

The fuel pump is connected to the fast efi controller. But at those speeds the fuel was running full blast and the -10 feed line holds nearly a gallon of gas. there was bound to be a bit of fire unddr the hood. The car burned to the ground because of the 2 gallon gas can that was in the car with him.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Seems to me that putting a Ford inertia switch in would be a smart move. When I got rearended by some idiot on the freeway the switch shut off the fuel pump. Once we remembered that it was there, we simply reset the switch and could drive the car.
                          I'm still learning

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
                            exactly what I was thinking- he's all over the signals. Didn't look to me like he was trying to evade ? I didn't think he was going all that fast. Bummer about the car, damn it went up fast.
                            A little slow with the signals though. I agree that it didn't seem all that fast. Too fast for the traffic, probably, but I know I've hit 90 at times. Good advertising for the safety of Sire Custom vehicles.

Comment

The carcass got hauled off by the junkyard today. I will post some pics of the carnage to the engine/trans/differential. None survived. But, the big ass 6 piston Vette brakes escaped without a scratch front and rear. Would like to have them for the Impala. Should bolt on.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X