Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No Power, 1/2 bottle of Capt. Morgan, Blizzard, my guitar and a daughter who can sing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Power, 1/2 bottle of Capt. Morgan, Blizzard, my guitar and a daughter who can sing

Blizzard hit us pretty hard, we had no power, a wood stove for heat, a bottle of Capt. Morgan, boredom. My guitar and my daughters talent. I could have played better and even harmonized better but she carried it.. I know its dark and not much to look at but give it a listen....

Skynyrds "Simple Man"

Blizzard took out our power, my 21 yo daughter and I making the best of it. 1/2 through a bottle of Capt. Morgan and this is what we got. I could have played...

when all else fails..
    start singing.

I lived in rhode island...on a hill.
    the hurricane never happened. the four foot snows..never happened, the single digits for a high, those did not happen either. Over 100F for a high in the shade...nope.

they must have a natural memory erasing cult going on there...because it all happened.

nice tune.
    Last edited by Barry Donovan; February 12, 2013, 07:25 AM.
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

wow that is my favorite song.. conrats on the great family time and your daughter has a beutiful voice

Comment

One of the greatest songs ever.
        GM G-bodies, because I can't afford a 69 Camaro.

Comment

I hate to be 'that' guy but, daughter huh? (I'm 23) Cover sounds good!
          Dustin in Pennsylvania

Comment

Amazing. How old is your daughter? You both sound great
            STUGOTS

Comment

Wow, that's good. I like it.

I can't do the melodic strumming like that (even if I could) because all of my guitars are tuned to open E to play slide. Those chords aren't there any more. Been like that for 40 years, all the six strings in the fleet.

Great job, and a great way to as you say, make the best of it. Cudos! I like it, that had to be fun.
              Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Thanks guys! Acouple things: SSChevyManiac, She is into Chevys and is working on her own BB 1970 Nova SS
                Groucho, She's just turned 21

Peewee: Kind of like how my Dobro is in open G..LOL. I get it!

Comment

Originally posted by Hamar View Post
                  Thanks guys! Acouple things: SSChevyManiac, She is into Chevys and is working on her own BB 1970 Nova SS

That's so cool to have that music connection with her.
                  STUGOTS

Comment

Originally posted by Hamar View Post

Open G to me is strange, I tried it. Open A is just like Open E but the whole progression is moved down a string and you can't get to the screaming high note. No need to experiment over here, Open E for decades.

Case in point - on the left you have open E. And on the right you have open E.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Acoustics.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	64.4 KB
ID:	867196

Upstairs, we have open E x5 plus one standard tuning (the bass). Even the electronic drum kit is tuned to open E. The cymbals say "E" when you crash them.

You sure can play and your daughter sure can sing. Nice stuff.
                    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

More power to her! Slightly off topic but this past Sunday on the UK (read: original) Top Gear, a young lass, literally, who can sing and enjoys cars was featured as the star in a reasonably priced car. Her name is Amy Macdonald. Glad to know there's more than one girl my age out there like that.
                      Dustin in Pennsylvania

Comment

Nice!!
                        www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Talented little lady there. Thanks for posting it.
                          BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X