Cool 4-door Cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool 4-door Cars

I'm selling my Camaro and moving on to a new project. My wife and I watched the new Dax Shepard movie Hit & Run and she loved the '67 Lincoln in it. While I was away for the last month, I had a lot of time to think about things. I told her I would sell the Camaro and buy a '67ish Lincoln if she agreed to work on it with me...family style. She actually knows a few things since she grew up working on cars with her father, but has been reluctant to help out ever since her father split. I'm going to put my 6.0L LS motor in it with a turbo (600-700rwhp) to get the monster moving. It will be a hell of a difficult project (major packaging issues with the motor swap), but we will end up with a big, comfy, four door touring car.

So, my vote for cool 4-door cars is the 1961-69 Lincoln Continental.

Nice example:

Kind of car I'm looking at:

So, what are your ideas of cool cars?
    1970 Camaro RS - SOLD | 2000 Camaro SS - Traded in for a Hyundai...
    1966 Ford Thunderbird - SOLD | 1963 MGB, abandoned V8 project, FOR SALE/SCRAP

1978 Cutlass - Post Lay-off daily driver

57-58 Caddy Eldorado. But, them are very pricey.
    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

A friend of mine did a '60 Lincoln, 4 door (suicide), many years ago.
      It was black and was cool.....one of the cooler more doors.

He used traditional size and style wheels......not donk size......which I
      thought really set it off.
      Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

My '67 Thunderbird.

Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

^^^^ Yes, very cool. Enjoyed the ride. Too bad the monster 429 couldn't move it faster.
          BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

I like all the sedans, As 80s rolled around, I knew to look for the very project brian took on himself.

I had a 74 chevelle sedan..not all that common. A monojet for its first 21 years..body was literally creakless. quiet and hardened..lived in maine very cold.
            for extremes, the cadillac of the 60s is a big flexible piece of plywood oem...but I would work one if I could.

nelson engines took one of the coupes on:
            Previously boxer3main
            the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

1950 Buick 4 door super, 145 MPH
              Attached Files

Comment

...and Brian owns the other one.
                Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
                  My '67 Thunderbird.

Nice
                  Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Just because I'm bored, I've been looking at other 4 door project cars.

1957 Belair 4 door wagon? $2500.

Comment

Kitsap County, WA. I'd be looking for a body near that car. Seriously...I grew up there, frightening area. Weed, meth, and kidnappings.
                      Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Originally posted by Remy-Z View Post
                        Kitsap County, WA. I'd be looking for a body near that car. Seriously...I grew up there, frightening area. Weed, meth, and kidnappings.
                        I know that area well...I would be carrying if I went to look at it!

How about a Packard?

Comment

good friend of mine has a 66? 67? lincoln 4 door vert, its a decent car, has issues, its been thru 2 hurricanes, was parked and had 14 inches of water around the but the car was sealed so well the water never got inside of it, hard to believe but the car has hardly any rust, not sure what his plan is now, he might part with it
                          Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Originally posted by 1970camaroRS View Post
                            I know that area well...I would be carrying if I went to look at it!

How about a Packard?

I dig it
                            Thom

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
                              My '67 Thunderbird.

I'd forgot that model had the suicide doors also, the only way that car would look better was if the lower half was Silver but it look too nice to paint.
                              sigpic

Just an Old Drag Racer that still has dreams of going fast!

Comment

Working...
                              X