Cool 4-door Cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Grumpy View Post
    I'd forgot that model had the suicide doors also, the only way that car would look better was if the lower half was Silver but it look too nice to paint.
    My ultimate plan is to paint it black, tint the windows and make sure the chrome is shiny.
    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
      My ultimate plan is to paint it black, tint the windows and make sure the chrome is shiny.
      No turbo on the 429?
      http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
      1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
      ​​​​​​

Comment

OK, it's your car so we're going to let you do what you want with it, I just thought silver would go great if you were going to keep the vinyl top? What Factory wheels were offered for that car? It still looks like a cool ride!
        sigpic

Just an Old Drag Racer that still has dreams of going fast!

Comment

Originally posted by Russell View Post
          No turbo on the 429?
          A pair of ebay GT-45s would wake that thing up. Just saying...
          1970 Camaro RS - SOLD | 2000 Camaro SS - Traded in for a Hyundai...
          1966 Ford Thunderbird - SOLD | 1963 MGB, abandoned V8 project, FOR SALE/SCRAP

1978 Cutlass - Post Lay-off daily driver

Comment

70 thru 74 Cadillacs

Any more door shoebox

Man, to me there are just too damn many cool four door cars out there...the catch is how to build them.

To me a 4 door needs to be low, clean, shaved. No pro touring, no pro street, no stink bug hot rod....custom cruiser I guess is where my mind is for any four door I see....
            If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

'66 - '67 GM A-Body 4 door hardtops. AKA Sports Sedans.

Comment

I already have a silver car The interior is black too, and I will keep/re-do the vinyl top. Long term dream is the black, black tint, and chrome. It currently has the stock hub caps on it, but eventually will likely get good rims (way off in the future).

It's actually a 428FE engine. I've bought a stroker crank and rods from Milner351 for it when I go to rebuild the engine, which at ~78,000 miles is do. I would love to go turbo on it, but these damn Ford's and their engine bay packaging makes it nearly impossible if I want to keep the vacuum accessories and air conditioning. Not ruling it out, as I'd like the car whistle with a turbo too, but it's unlikely to happen.
                Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

I already have a silver car The interior is black too, and I will keep/re-do the vinyl top. Long term dream is the black, black tint, and chrome. It currently has the stock hub caps on it, but eventually will likely get good rims (way off in the future).

It's actually a 428FE engine. I've bought a stroker crank and rods from Milner351 for it when I go to rebuild the engine, which at ~78,000 miles is do. I would love to go turbo on it, but these damn Ford's and their engine bay packaging makes it nearly impossible if I want to keep the vacuum accessories and air conditioning. Not ruling it out, as I'd like the car whistle with a turbo too, but it's unlikely to happen.
                  Remote mount!
                  If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Pass. Side floorboard, under heater/ac box!

Comment

I like the looks of this four door!

Comment

Tell me about it! Looking at the mid 60s Lincoln Continentals with rear steer and massive AC and vaccum everything, looks like it will be a dry sump LS and no AC for my build. Turbo will likely go on passenger side where the battery is. Why such big cars got tiny engine compartments is beyond me.

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post
                          70 thru 74 Cadillacs

Any more door shoebox

Man, to me there are just too damn many cool four door cars out there...the catch is how to build them.

To me a 4 door needs to be low, clean, shaved. No pro touring, no pro street, no stink bug hot rod....custom cruiser I guess is where my mind is for any four door I see....
                          I forsee a lot of 4 door cars being built in the near future.

I'm going with a slightly lowered stock suspension and 17 or 18 inch wheels with tall sidewalls. Nothing silly and massive, just a little more up to date. My vision is a nice, comfortable grand touring sedan with a surprising bite.

Comment

I think this was the coolest 4 door ever!!
                            Attached Files

Comment

The "other car" from Dirty Mary Crazy Larry was a hopped up 4-door Chevy. I love it.

That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Some can be quite fun indeed! Especially with 500ci under the hood.
                                But maybe I'm a little biased... :o)

www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

Working...
                                X