Tell me why I shouldn't buy this truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tell me why I shouldn't buy this truck

'47 Chevy 5 Window. Chopped. Lowered over frame. Suicide doors. Shaved handles. C4 Corvette front and IRS. $4200 obo. Looks ready for paint! Just needs bumpers, grill, interior and drivetrain. Thinking a N/A LS motor with a 6-spd manual. Oh, and different wheels too.

Need to buy a Lincoln Continental...need to buy a Lincoln Continental...must stay on topic.
    Last edited by 1970camaroRS; February 14, 2013, 10:16 PM.
    1970 Camaro RS - SOLD | 2000 Camaro SS - Traded in for a Hyundai...
    1966 Ford Thunderbird - SOLD | 1963 MGB, abandoned V8 project, FOR SALE/SCRAP

1978 Cutlass - Post Lay-off daily driver

You need that truck!

and think old school - straight 6 with big turbos
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
      You need that truck!

and think old school - straight 6 with big turbos
      I know, it's so tempting...but I'm looking for a Lincoln Continental project. I must not be distracted. Still...heck of a deal with a lot of hard work done. If the suspension was done right, it's a steal of a deal. And the finished truck would be sweet!

Comment

I can think of lots of reasons...starting with the way it sits. And then the glass. And the bodywork. etc
        My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

that would be 420,000 dollars in maine.

i can't even a 13 year old LS with 200k miles on it less than 4k.

I swear I am getting on a bus to go someplace else and dump my bag of pennies to buy another vehicle out of state.
          Previously boxer3main
          the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

I'll take a stab at why not.....

Trucks don't have 4 doors.

That truck is basically a Camaro with a bed.

Your camaro was FAR more complete and even useable and its out the door.

That said - - when are you picking it up?
            Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

It's junk. There's overspray all over the tires.

Dan

Comment

the corner glass, and amount of body work left to do would be enough for me.

clipped with a Nova subframe, then adapted to corvette stuff??
                Charles

Comment

Too much work to finish...money pit...and theres the glass...and the glass....oh and dont forget the glass. Run away, run far, run fast.
                  If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post
                    Too much work to finish...money pit...and theres the glass...and the glass....oh and dont forget the glass. Run away, run far, run fast.
                    No worries. I'm smitten, but I'm staying on plan for my next project. I'm willing to bet the glass issue is close to the top of the list of reasons this truck is getting dumped in the first place. What would you do anyway? Get a parts truck and cut the stock glass down?

Comment

Lexan or Plexi. Heat, shape, cool, cut. Done.

Not sure on the front glass.

Comment

Originally posted by STINEY View Post
                        Lexan or Plexi. Heat, shape, cool, cut. Done.

Not sure on the front glass.
                        That is what I would do. Lexan and be done with it. Looking at the pics, you can see where they sectioned the hood and it is far from finished. Doesnt look like a quality job, and if it shows in pics while in primer, then it has got to be a mess of someone not knowing how to weld and shape large expanses of metal. Then you have the wheels set too far inside the wheel wells, meaning the track width is too narrow. That is just from the pics, if it were in person then more stuff would probably crop up.

It could be a cool truck, but not the way it is now. If you had lots of time and parts laying around (like some of us) then it might be an ok project. If you need someone else to finish the body work, then this thing would get expensive fast.

Comment

you can buy glass, new from any of a number of places....

still, picking a FoMoCrap over a Chevy? you feeling okay?
                          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
                            you can buy glass, new from any of a number of places....

still, picking a FoMoCrap over a Chevy? you feeling okay?
                            Wife really wants a Lincoln...and I'm finding it hard to argue about that.

Comment

Now I have "HotRod Lincoln" earworms....

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                              Last edited by STINEY; February 15, 2013, 12:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X