No announcement yet.

RAM 1500 diesel coming soon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ford had a small diesel for the half tons in the works as well. A guy on another forum was on the design team and he was totally geeked about it. Needless to say he was majorly bummed when Ford pulled the plug on it.
    Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
    1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
    1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
    1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
    1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
    1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post
      If GM pulls the 4.5L baby Duramax V8 off the shelf and sticks it in a half ton, I may be arrested for doing lewd things in public.
      Please warn us before hand so we can look away. I have enough nightmares, thank you.
      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BBR View Post
        Ford had a small diesel for the half tons in the works as well. A guy on another forum was on the design team and he was totally geeked about it. Needless to say he was majorly bummed when Ford pulled the plug on it.

Dad was talking about that a while back, like a couple of years ago. He was majorly bummed. I've been looking at V2203 Kubota's that they're taking out of reefer trucks in Cali for a little bitty something, but I hear they do okay in Ranger sized trucks. I believe the Aussies get a decent Ranger with a baby diesel. Do we get one? F* no. I sound bitter. ooops.

Car reviews and road tests. Search and read hundreds of reviews and road tests by our experienced team of motoring journalists.

I suspect Dodge will have a wonderful little 30,000.00 diesel. Dammmmmit.
        Last edited by Beagle; February 15, 2013, 10:03 PM.
        Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

If GM pulls the 4.5L baby Duramax V8 off the shelf and sticks it in a half ton, I may be arrested for doing lewd things in public.

CAFE will force all of the Detroit 3 to offer diesel in the consumer-grade haulers at some point . . . so we better start the Bruab Legal Defense Fund . . . .

On a related note . . . 11 Ways Editing Bangshift is Like the Priesthood . . . .

Comment

I wish I knew before i ordered my 2013 Ram 1500 Tradesman... I would have tried to wait till the fall and ordered the diesel for sure...

Comment

I'm thinking it'll drive the Aliens back to their home planet.

Dan

Comment

I'm wondering how cheap, clean burning CNG is going to factor in. It's selling at a pump in a gas station not far from me in PA at a gasoline equivilant of $2 a gallon. I saw a new Chevy truck with an aftermarket conversion. It was a very clean installation and hard to spot. It was plumbed into the stock fuel rails and injectors plus 20,0000 oil changes, that's how clean it is as a fuel. With in 3 years the stuff is going to be at all truck stops by federal law.
                Tom
                Overdrive is overrated

Comment

I have no gripe with CNG but remember that at $2/gallon the energy density is MUCH lower than gas or Diesel so it'll take more to get the same amount of work done. Not sure how that price works out in $ per BTU or $ per work accomplished if you will. Darn if I can remember the energy conversion but I bet it's Googleable.

Dan

Comment

It only has 240 horse. that's down 150 horse from the Hemi Ram. No way would I give up 150 horsepower. I'll stick with my Hemi.

Comment

Good to hear from you Joel. How's the fleet?

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by Hemi Joel View Post
                        It only has 240 horse. that's down 150 horse from the Hemi Ram. No way would I give up 150 horsepower. I'll stick with my Hemi.
                        But it also gets 28 mpg (speculating based on GC numbers), the Hemi won't come close to that.

Comment

Originally posted by moparmaniac07 View Post
                          But it also gets 28 mpg (speculating based on GC numbers), the Hemi won't come close to that.
                          Perhaps it will get 28 mpg, but will it be worth it? I had an 09, 11, and now a 12 Ram with the Hemi and those 390 horses are a ton of fun to let loose after a long hard day at work! The mini-diesel will get the job done, but there won't be any speed thrills to liven up the day. I suppose it depends on what you want to accomplish.
                          On the other hand, it is probably just a matter of time before someone figures out how to crank up the fuel and the boost and get that little diesel making 500 horse.

Originally posted by DanStokes
                          Good to hear from you Joel. How's the fleet?

Dan
                          Dan, everything is tucked away all warm and snug, waiting for springtime.

Comment

Working...
                          X