Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Love those Snow Drifts they leave in the road.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Love those Snow Drifts they leave in the road.

Well, looks like the issues with the Impala SS are related to 2 bad o2 sensor. He went thought a snow bank and then the car started running like crap backfiring and studdering and a smell of just raw fuel.Since it's an OBD1 car, they either throw a code or they don't. The code reader is bouncing all over the place anywhere from 59-900.Me and him were under the car just now checking them when he heard a buzzing noise coming from the drivers side o2, which it looks like the wiring was pulled back and missing.

I've had the same issue for the last few weeks in work were o2 sensors were getting whacked with snow and then the CEL was coming on.

To RockAuto for the parts cause i can't stand wanting to spend cash in-store when i can get them for cheaper online.
    "I live for myself and I answer to nobody."

-Steve McQueen

Its not just snow. I remember hitting ice chunks on the road that had fallen off trucks back when I lived in the land of snow. Some broke shocks, dented the floorboard, and generally made a mess under the car.
    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

To think some drivers think they are fun to drive over!

Comment

that bothers me too...
        the 10 to 2 oclock mounting rule is a good one.

custom header, collector, just installed o2 not along ago, never had one. The pipe in front..that is why I mounted it where it is.
        people, pets, other innocent road wandering things...and snow.
        Previously boxer3main
        the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

I'm sick of the snow at this point, wish i was back in San Diego. I loved it out there, the weather was great

Wish i could have spent more time out there not just a week.
          Last edited by Runner1972; February 16, 2013, 06:26 PM.
          "I live for myself and I answer to nobody."

-Steve McQueen

Comment

Working...
          X