Old Iron Club Garage Tour 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Iron Club Garage Tour 2013

Got to meet George(200wins) and it was nice visiting with him. Weather was great and I think they had one of their bigger turnouts. Sorry if the pictures aren't the best still trying to figure out this fancy camera. On to the slideshow.
    http://www.flickr.com//photos/932897...89535216/show/

edit: The car club is Old Iron Co. not club. For some reason I cant change how it reads on the main page.
    Last edited by 1trickpony; February 17, 2013, 08:37 AM.
    Jeff
    Follow My Build

Thanks for the virtual tour. Most are WAY out of my league and much too clean. I'm a bit surprised that you took pics of some guys Johnson but to each his own.

Dan

Comment

It's a great way to break up the winter blues. It does sound funny that its fun to go look at other people's junk .
      Jeff
      Follow My Build

Comment

Very cool. Thanks for sharing those pics.

I see they are working on a '58 Coupe de Ville. The one I am working on needs the rear quarter trim piece. The really long one that goes down the middle of the quarter. I wonder if they have a spare.
        BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Scott- I believe on that caddy the trim is in immaculate shape and they aren't even removing some of it. I can see if they have extras though.
          Jeff
          Follow My Build

Comment

The really great thing about this event is it shows no matter what your level of expertise, shop size and equipment Hot Rodding is very doable on any level. Every time we have gone to this Garage Tour I am inspired to get on with a project. Jeff, very nice to meet you and pass on to the organizers that we really enjoyed this event!! Thank you.......
            Attached Files
            200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
            Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

Comment

Originally posted by 1trickpony View Post
              Scott- I believe on that caddy the trim is in immaculate shape and they aren't even removing some of it. I can see if they have extras though.
              It's been a bitch to find one. Thanks.
              BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

I will keep an eye open in the yards around here. Everyonce in a while I come across something old.
                George did you make it up north to Arnold's park? I was in awe of the size of that place. I think it was 420'x189'. Simply huge for a "shop". I think it would be worth the cost of admission when done.
                Jeff
                Follow My Build

Comment

Originally posted by 1trickpony View Post
                  I will keep an eye open in the yards around here. Everyonce in a while I come across something old.
                  George did you make it up north to Arnold's park? I was in awe of the size of that place. I think it was 420'x189'. Simply huge for a "shop". I think it would be worth the cost of admission when done.
                  Cant wait to see that place finished. My neighbors maxwell was recently purchased and will end up in the museum when it is completed. Will be nice to have a place like that in northwest iowa.

Comment

Working...
                  X