No announcement yet.

Anyone ever rent a garage/shop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

looks good, i would for sure be investing in some white paint though. that place is dark.

another way to look at the history of the place, it seems the owner NEVER checks up on it.

are you responsible for snow removal?

I would see the fenced in area as a problem personally. I would be too tempted to start filling it up with projects.
    Charles

Comment

Originally posted by tedly View Post
      Actually, the history appears to be working in our favor right now. The cops drive by all the time!
      Hopefully, they won't get it in their heads that you are running a chop shop. When they drive by, smile big and wave to them. Do yourself a favor don't bring a UV light into the bathroom, you may not want to come back.
      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 1badmonkey View Post
        looks good, i would for sure be investing in some white paint though. that place is dark.

another way to look at the history of the place, it seems the owner NEVER checks up on it.

are you responsible for snow removal?

I would see the fenced in area as a problem personally. I would be too tempted to start filling it up with projects.
        Oh yeah, paint is coming soon. I'm actually going to go price it and a ladder tall enough to reach the 14 foot ceilings while I'm out. Going to take a LOT to cover it. The bottom half has 3 coats and still isn't really white. The owner is a little old lady probably in her late 60's early 70's. Her husband died a few years ago and she just has some properties for income, she doesn't really want to mess with them too much apparently. I'm betting we're going to be seeing her a lot for awhile though!

She says she has someone to do the snow, but even if she doesn't I've got people volunteering to do it already. This is going to be interesting to see what starts coming out of the woodwork, barter wise.
        I'm probably wrong

Comment

I bet some REALLY weird shit happened in front of those mirrors.

Congrats on the shop man. Looks cool!
          That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
            Hopefully, they won't get it in their heads that you are running a chop shop. When they drive by, smile big and wave to them. Do yourself a favor don't bring a UV light into the bathroom, you may not want to come back.
            Yup, going to be real friendly with the local officers. And I'm trying real hard not think about what might have been going on in the rooms. Thanks for bringing it up Scott! Now I gotta go scrub the place down again!
            I'm probably wrong

Comment

Look on craigslist and see if you have a local habitat for humanity re-store - you might save a bundle on paint.

The habitat re-store near me has PPG brand latex for around $17 a gallon, and I've found a few guys on craigslist selling left over paint for around $7 - $8 per gallon - partially full 5 gallon pails.
              There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post
                I bet some REALLY weird shit happened in front of those mirrors.

Congrats on the shop man. Looks cool!
                We're thinking about putting a stripper pole back up!
                I'm probably wrong

Comment

*sniff* Does it smell like balls in here? You should get a sign that says that
                  Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

A few burnouts will take care of that.
                    I'm probably wrong

Comment

Nice place none the less!
                      You could put one of those mirrors inline with a carlift to aid aligning the car when driving up on it.
                      www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

^^ That is a brilliant idea for re-purposing the mirrors.
                        Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Not a bad idea at all. We're thinking of putting the lift dead center to the door, but if not that could be damn useful. Would mean no stripper pole though...
                          I'm probably wrong

Comment

Originally posted by tedly View Post
                            OK, we got one right answer and a bunch of "almost!" ones. I was wondering why the landlord was asking some odd questions and had done some fairly extensive background checking. Turns out the last guy to rent the place turned it into an underground swingers club. The cops ended up shutting the place down. The guy before him got busted growing 100 pot plants in it, the door got kicked in, cops swarming the place, neighboring bay got raided too, just for good measure. Now there's 2 ways to look at this:

1. As long as we don't get raided by the cops, we're golden!

2. We have inherited a reputation to live up to when we got the place!
                            Place probably smelled like a bad can of tuna and some herbs

Cool place for sure
                            Last edited by Monk; March 4, 2013, 04:04 PM.
                            Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

2 words on the stripper pole

PORT
                              ABLE
                              Charles

Comment

Looking good Ted. Sure not missing all that white crap piled up outside though.
                                "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

Working...
                                X