Accelerator Pedal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accelerator Pedal

Not sure if this goes here or in "Tech" - Mods move as necessary.

Anyhow - since I cut the tunnel on the S-10, the stock accelerator pedal assembly isn't going to fit. What would be ideal is a cable pedal that mounts at the base like /_ (from the side).

The stock pedal mounts like !- (sorta, from the front). The "-" part runs into the new tunnel and therefore is not going to work.

I'll probably move the brake pedal pad as far to the left as possible to make more room between the tunnel and the brake so I have more room to slide the pedal in there.

Notice that I never once called it a "throttle pedal". Let's see who knows why.

Dan

Throttle pedal, accelerator pedal, gas pedal...........all which, I thought, controls fuel supply.
    No?

Is this one of those trick questions Dan?
    Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

its going on a diesel
      Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

What junkyards are near by Dan? If they have any Granada's - they have pretty easy to adapt "go pedals" in them, cable operated, two screws to the floorboard and relatively easy to bend and shape with the proper persuasion.
        There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by nesabo View Post
          its going on a diesel

Click image for larger version

Name:	DOH.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	6.8 KB
ID:	867406
          Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	41lmmx5YlEL._SL500_SS500_.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	20.6 KB
ID:	867407
            It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
              Not sure if this goes here or in "Tech" - Mods move as necessary.

Anyhow - since I cut the tunnel on the S-10, the stock accelerator pedal assembly isn't going to fit. What would be ideal is a cable pedal that mounts at the base like /_ (from the side).

The stock pedal mounts like !- (sorta, from the front). The "-" part runs into the new tunnel and therefore is not going to work.

I'll probably move the brake pedal pad as far to the left as possible to make more room between the tunnel and the brake so I have more room to slide the pedal in there.

Notice that I never once called it a "throttle pedal". Let's see who knows why.

Dan
              so would you call it the governer control lever? Does it have to be called a Pedal? I mean, it's a lever for a device with no throttle... or did you mean this by Throttle?

rack rack rack

I kinda like the Hotfoot jetboat throttle for this application.
              Last edited by Beagle; February 20, 2013, 01:14 PM.
              Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

We just got a couple cable actuated throttle pedal assemblies.. Plate bolts to floor with pedal on hinges and a pretty stout cable that loops rearward then onto the hump thru the firewall.. Spring loaded too, thus no fall offies on the manifold to get knocked off..
                I wish i could post pics on here...
                Dan.. Pm me your email, and I will send you a pic of them..

Comment

These inexpensive spoon pedals are very adjustable. They're on a spline to adjust for many heights, and the assembly can go on either side of it's bracket, left or right to clear the tunnel or brake pedal. I've used quite a few of them

Last edited by groucho; February 20, 2013, 02:34 PM.
                  STUGOTS

Comment

I naturally don't have a thing to add from an engineering standpoint, but to say, the funnest gas pedal/accelerator/fuel intake adjustment/speed increaser interface lever I ever had was a roller pedal.

All those years ago, an add-on. On the old "hotrod" Bug. That thing really felt good on the right foot. I mean, it felt GOOD. And worked great too.

Dunno Dan if you're stuck with what alternatives you're stuck with. Just throwing that into the mix. I believe a man of your fabrication caliber could fashion something to your liking. Cut and weld, etc.

That roller pedal was cool.
                    Last edited by pdub; February 20, 2013, 03:13 PM.
                    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Thanks all! The universal kit that Grouch posted looks excellent and is a decent price. I may drop an order on that unit ASAP!

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                        Thanks all! The universal kit that Grouch posted looks excellent and is a decent price. I may drop an order on that unit ASAP!

Dan
                        Dan
                        I used a Lokar setup on my '55 and it was top notch.
                        Thom

Comment

Hey Dan
                          Are you required to have a pull back mechanism on the pedal? like dirt track cars have.

Well I have stopped buying stuff for cars I don't own. Is that a step in the right or wrong direction?

Comment

Not with a cable or hydraulic accelerator. It won't work as you can't push a cable. I'll have to get the double springs on there, though.

Dan

Comment

Working...
                            X