No announcement yet.

Accelerator Pedal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My wife still calls it a foot feed - country girl.
    Phil / Omaha

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post
      I naturally don't have a thing to add from an engineering standpoint, but to say, the funnest gas pedal/accelerator/fuel intake adjustment/speed increaser interface lever I ever had was a roller pedal.

All those years ago, an add-on. On the old "hotrod" Bug. That thing really felt good on the right foot. I mean, it felt GOOD. And worked great too.

Dunno Dan if you're stuck with what alternatives you're stuck with. Just throwing that into the mix. I believe a man of your fabrication caliber could fashion something to your liking. Cut and weld, etc.

That roller pedal was cool.
      I had one on my '66 Bug, too! Yep, they were cool and they didn't stick to the floor like the stock units.

What year was your VW, pw?
      It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Roller pedal is the only way to go!

You guys did realize that the early bugs got those from the factory? The actual pedal was an aftermarket option for a long time, then the factory added a "normal" pedal.

All the rails get a roller.
        Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Probably late in the game but DB said to post this photo up. Said the cables are way beefy.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Pedals.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	867469
          Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Ward View Post
            I had one on my '66 Bug, too! Yep, they were cool and they didn't stick to the floor like the stock units.

What year was your VW, pw?
            Ron, mine (that one) was a '65.

88 cans x 74 stroke = ~1850cc. 3/4 street cam, pulled from 4K to 6K. Dual Port heads, twin 48 IDA Weber carbs, plus all the bolt-ons it would hold.

REAL lucky at that age I didn't get killed in it. Just plain lucky.
            Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

THANKS Pdub! You're the MAN!

Comment

Again, THANKS guys! I'm getting close to actually needing something. I like that spoon thingy. It has lots of adjustments and I think I can make it work.

Dan

Comment

Working...
                X