EastWood Welders......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EastWood Welders......

Anyone have one??, or would you buy one??.... They have their Mig 175 with spool gun on sale for $499 right now, I've been wanting a welder to weld aluminum with and was wondering if this would be a good welder to do the sheet aluminum type work I want to do......

I just bought one a month or so ago when they had the free shipping deal. I have only had the chance to play with the TIG for a short time because life is getting in the way. Seems to be a nice machine for the money so far. It is the 200 with inverter. The thing I am finding is that I need to get some help with the skills. It is fairly substantial but it was made off shore. By the way I bought the bundle with the plasma cutter. Hope this helps.
    Solutions are often obvious once you get the questions right.

Comment

etl listed. good thing to look for... but having one listing .. I still have doubts. like in computers. I find stuff that has every approval from here to germany.

the one listing for north america. who owns it...

seems a deal..except for the 220v.
      that fairy tale is as old as ww2.

they have 115 doing 3/8ths.
      it is about savings for me.

if any steel is stubborn, whip out the 15 dollar propane torch from home depot, and preheat.

I spoke up on sight of the spool gun in with it. seems a good price .. china pricing, oh well.
      Last edited by Barry Donovan; February 20, 2013, 02:37 PM.
      Previously boxer3main
      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

I have the MIG 175 and I like it really well. Probably not the thing if you lay down 100 feet of weld a day but for home use it's excellent. It's doing a great job on the 1/4" plate in my scattershield but unfortunately didn't come with a skilled operator. I'd buy it again. I have not, however, used the spool gun so I don't have an opinion on that.

I got mine for $499 with free shipping. I had a discount code from something else I bought so the whole deal was $449, IIRC. Great deal for the money.

Dan
        Last edited by DanStokes; February 20, 2013, 06:34 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the input guys, I've had my eye on this Holbart 190 welder with a spool gun, but it is twice the money as this Eastwood one is..... I already have a couple of other welders one with gas and one without for doing steel/stainless type work, it's just that I've been wanting to get one for doing aluminum and I hate switching stuff around to go from one welding material to another so I'd rather just have a welder setup for each application, which in this case would be aluminum...... The Eastwood has a 3 year warranty, which is probably a lot more reliable than buying that Hobart from some guy on Ebay with really no warranty...... Hmmm.... Save money, someone to stand behind it, sounds like I'm talking myself into this thing......

Comment

I bought a HTP mig welder years ago. Great machine, very well built with many pro features not normally found on regular home welders such as adjustable "on" time as well as adjustable "off" time. great for plug welding or stich welding on sheet metal.

A good friend of mine works for a company that works on commercial kitchen equipment. One day his boss asked him if he could weld stainless. He said he cold but didn't have a welder that could. The job was small, so they bought a HF tig welder. My friend has used it many times, built headers for his flat head Ford that he put in his '29. He said outside of not having a foot pedal, it kicks ass and works great.
            Last edited by Huskinhano; February 20, 2013, 08:13 PM.
            Tom
            Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Working...
            X