Needle in a hay stack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Needle in a hay stack

I'm on the search for a Chevelle I built during my high school years here in Boise Idaho. The car migrated south to the Phoenix, Mesa, Chandler area of Arizona in 1986. It was a daily driver for the person that owned it but it had recvd some front end damage in the late 80s. Any shared sightings, tips, leads would be great and so very helpful. If the info was correct it was also known to be at some of the local drag strips during this time. VIN # is 136379k433135. Its a 1969 Chevelle Malibu non SS but had a SS hood on it. The car at that time was dark green with two tone green interior. I had installed a 350 motor and it had 350 fender badges even tho it was born with a 307. The motor coverings were gold Moroso. I feel the two main identifiers of the car were the chrome interior A pillar trims and a sunroof. Thats it in a nut shell~ I want to say thanks for taking the time to read this and again, your help would be simply awesome. With the help of azdot my gut tells me it met its fate by crusher or as a donor car but my hope is its a barn find waiting to happen....~Mark Rose

Didn't Papa John go on a similar search and find the gold Camaro? It's not impossible.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

try desert valley auto salvage, they might be able to help
      Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Peewee, yes that Papa guy found his old ride. From what I understand he wrote the BIG check to get that done...If I had those monies floating around I'd probably do it also.

BOOOGHAR, Thank you for the tip. Living in Boise and working on the assumption that the car may still be living in the Phoenix area I have hit just about all of the yards, resto shops, parts houses...you name it. But yes Jason and Brian at DVAP are awesome guys to work with. Good service and "DRY" replacement parts. In fact every one that I have made contact with be it by voice contact or social meadia and email has been awesome. Arizona Auto Scene put a spot on their website for me... Everyone has been great.

Its just hard getting the word out to a few million people. Needle in a hay stack!

Comment

I suggest maybe dropping a craigslist add...couldnt hurt.

Most gear heads I know check CL frequently, might just find someone who knows someone....
          If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Dept. Of Motor Vehicle?
            Might find current registered owner,
            In OR, wrecking yards are required to turn in titles, thus DMV might know where it is..

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post
              Didn't Papa John go on a similar search and find the gold Camaro? It's not impossible.
              Yes, and paid 250K for it.
              http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

Call the AZ DMV and give them the vin number and see if they have a record of the car...... Tell them your looking at buying it and want to make sure it's not stolen.....

Comment

Or go here and Pay the Money....

Last edited by TC; February 22, 2013, 01:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TC View Post
                    TC, yea I tried instavin a while back. I was really amped when I found that. They let you run the vin to search for records before you pay and it showed that no records were found. Am I missing something?

Comment

DMV records are public. You should be able to go online and do a search/records request for a nominal fee .... here in CO it's $8.
                      Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Originally posted by MAROSE View Post
                        TC, yea I tried instavin a while back. I was really amped when I found that. They let you run the vin to search for records before you pay and it showed that no records were found. Am I missing something?
                        Prolly a Kia now...
                        Keep trying.. Somebody may have bought an "Arizona" car and moved it elsewhere.. Could be back in Idaho, Or, Europe.. Who knows

Comment

Thanks!

Well, just wanted to say thanks to you guys for your ideas and such. I think I've got quite the journey ahead not to mention the two years I got into it already. This is a sample of what I've the ads I've been running on Craig's list and other media outlets in the Valley of the Sun.

Comment

Any response yet?

Best of luck on this quest. I'd like to have my '65 Impala SS convert back. Probably the outright prettiest car I ever owned - and I've owned a bunch. But not enough to undertake "the search".

Dan

Comment

Working...
                            X