• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• another reason why california sucks

you guys get all the cool stuff UGH

Charles W - BS Photographer at large

That is pretty cool
    Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

It is, maybe other states will follow ,current NY plates look like the 70's version a little.

Comment

I want the blue and yellow ones for the caprice. My impala still has its original black and yellow plates.

This offsets the stupidity and backdoor b.s. the CARB is doing to older cars off the road. Not only have they been decreasing the maximum emissions on nearly every car older than 2000, they are requiring the ecm's to be running at zero duty cycles to pass. I dont know what all that crap means, but I have heard from testers that it can take weeks of work to get a car to pass. Sounds like they dont want anyone under a certsin income, i.e. a person who cant afford to buy a new car every five years, to be driving at all. This is very political, so I will end it here.
        BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
          I want the blue and yellow ones for the caprice. My impala still has its original black and yellow plates.

This offsets the stupidity and backdoor b.s. the CARB is doing to older cars off the road. Not only have they been decreasing the maximum emissions on nearly every car older than 2000, they are requiring the ecm's to be running at zero duty cycles to pass. I dont know what all that crap means, but I have heard from testers that it can take weeks of work to get a car to pass. Sounds like they dont want anyone under a certsin income, i.e. a person who cant afford to buy a new car every five years, to be driving at all. This is very political, so I will end it here.
          Easy fix.......Move!
          Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
          The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

No. Easier fix. Dont own a car newer than 1975. They are emissions exempt.

I am actually surprised that the DMV is doing this. Many of Cali's police departments have been pushing to have the cars with old black, blue or yellow plates be forced to turn them in for the easier to read, reflective white plates. I guess they rather have the money from old car guys.
            BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

I was thinkng about these the other day. Both my Montegos still have their original blue/yellow plates so I won't be coughing up 50 bucks anyway. I'm wondering though if the new retro plates will be stamped steel (aluminum) or if they will do it the cheap way and use those silkscreened crap that Nevada now uses. I can see those things fading away in the desert heat after a few years.
              Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
                No. Easier fix. Dont own a car newer than 1975. They are emissions exempt.

I am actually surprised that the DMV is doing this. Many of Cali's police departments have been pushing to have the cars with old black, blue or yellow plates be forced to turn them in for the easier to read, reflective white plates. I guess they rather have the money from old car guys.
                You guys are going to look like Havana, Cuba before too long.

Comment

Working...
                X