• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cardboard range hood.

"flame" away.
    I am ready.

it plays that song too.
    kidding aside,
    we had 3 wind storms in about ten days. the ten-12 foot celing has those tiles that appear to be paper squares.

I woke up and drank (for real)_ 3 GALLONS of fluids to stop the attack on my throat. paper dust shredding from the ceiling...got me while sleeping.

so I came up with this, its doing great.

I order a real range hood from the net, braun/kenmore something..cheap. This place is not mine, so..what I put there above the oven does not go with me. (Landlord hads ignored every complaint since september 2007.)
    Last edited by Barry Donovan; February 21, 2013, 07:51 PM.
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Now THAT'S engineering! Though I'm surprised that you didn't make something out of an old Subaru and welding wire.

Probably best not to do any cooking until the Kenmore shows up.

Dan

Comment

Yeah what Dan said............thought you'd find some Subaru stuff
      around to fab up.

Two words come to mind.......fire extinguisher
      Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
        Now THAT'S engineering! Though I'm surprised that you didn't make something out of an old Subaru and welding wire.

Probably best not to do any cooking until the Kenmore shows up.

Dan
        it has the last piece of the chinese mig welder as the louvres.

it is funny, after my nose sucking on micronic sized dust I made this in about 5 minutes...then found for less than 50 delivered a hood all ready to go, a real one.

it is not over heat anywhere, that is why I posted. Challenge the challenged.

Again, not my place, not spending big on a permanent item. I have already been the panic plumber, electrician..sheet rock man. ..even the bathroom fan was an asshole.

the one thing that is supposed to be terrifying is this places savior...the 75mph winds whipping across the flat roofs outside next door. Rocks this place like a hurricane.(I would have moved by now if that miracle of wind did not happen)
        Last edited by Barry Donovan; February 22, 2013, 10:06 AM.
        Previously boxer3main
        the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by boxer3main View Post
          (I would have moved by now if that miracle of wind did not happen)
          Barry, if you're really about to move, I would have sure left the cardboard version up, just to show The Man what I thought about his lack of service in the long run. Though I could have never designed or put that thing together. Superb engineering in my book!

But in function, we've got the same thing here in our house with the hood fan. It's not vented to the outside, it just takes the steam off of the stove top and shoots it up to the ceiling in the kitchen, over the cabinets. I'm trying to remember if most of the other places I've ever lived had the hood vented to the outside.

So, what's the advantage of having a hood if it shoots it back into the room? Plus, it condenses under the hood and rains back onto the stove top and pots and pans you're cooking with.
          Last edited by pdub; February 22, 2013, 10:55 AM.
          Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Working...
          X