Fox urine as cure for car-damaging rabbits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fox urine as cure for car-damaging rabbits

Hungry bunnies devour the wiring of cars parked at Denver International Airport.

I'm wondering if any Bangshifters have had this problem.

So wierd you can buy Fox urine...Who collects it? How do they do it? Will a fox pee in a cup?
    That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

11,720 cars parked there each day..
      and nine official cases of a problem since 2009.

is someone from the maine air guard there with climbing a freebee federal budget in their eyes....

if wires ionized an attraction, a sheathed cable grounded is a cure.
      if a bunny wants it, alot worse is attracted.
      Previously boxer3main
      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

If you can figure out how to keep cats from peeing on my rims, I'd like to know. That would be useful.

Comment

Originally posted by The Outsider View Post
          Hungry bunnies devour the wiring of cars parked at Denver International Airport.

I'm wondering if any Bangshifters have had this problem.
          The bunnies at my shop dont eat much, but the pack rats can destroy the interior of your car in less than two weeks if you dont do something. They ate all the seatbelts out of a Jensen and then worked over the wiring harness. They ate all of the spark plug wires (vintage silicone)... seriously. They seem to be able to sh*t out the stuff and glue it in place with their urine to compound the issue. Ive been useing a combination of dryer sheets and cans of chewing tobacco to try to keep them the hell away from my cars, but they both dry up over time and the rats come back. I have to leave the hoods up on the cars that dont run to keep them from condo-izing the engine compartment. Im buying some fox urine this week to try out.
          www.FBthrottlebodies.com
          Bruce K Bridges

Comment

I've had this problem and have posted about it in the past. My hot rodded 5th Avenue was completely ravaged by rabbits on all forward harnesses and the SP wires. Have a Mitsu truck that I was going to give to a work crew a few weeks ago, same deal, rabbits! Went to move my 71 Satellite; wires eaten, rabbits! Found a rabbit under the hood of my 68 Dart when I went to add antifreeze before a cold snap hit. Probably six sets of wires for the 6cyl Continental flathead in my forklift, once had to pull a dead rabbit as a bonus to just having to replace wires.

Never used to have that problem; the first victim was Matt King's Biscayne that Todd Ryden ended up buying. I think it had pretty extensive rabbit damage to the EFI harness when he got it after sitting a few years in my equipment yard. I freakin' hate rabbits!
            -dulcich
            Last edited by dulcich; February 22, 2013, 10:17 AM.

Comment

Dulcich hasn't joined 1970CamaroRS's boycott?

Dulcich, how did you get rid of the rabbits? (My rodent problem is more field mice, though)

Comment

Dulcich hasn't joined 1970CamaroRS's boycott?
                I have no idea what you are referring to.
                -dulcich

Comment

Originally posted by dulcich View Post
                  I have no idea what you are referring to.
                  -dulcich
                  That's okay . . . How did you get rid of the rodents?

Comment

Ground squirrels is my problem.. Called Grey Diggers here.. Some call them grave diggers.
                    My 41 Dodge power wagon cab is full to the window sills with sticks... The engine compartment same deal..64 riv needs tranny seal, sme deal. 51 Stude Champion... Got several 22's and hi powered small cal. Rifles to combat them!

Comment

That's okay . . . How did you get rid of the rodents?
                      I haven't eliminated the problem, but plan on paving the equipment yard with decomposed granite and rock base. I think that surface will discourage the rabbits. It's a big area, though, about an acre, and first I need to make some repairs/upgrades to my Ford LN600 dump truck (new pto driveshaft; hydraulic hoses).

Comment

As a user of the Denver airport (and the C-Springs airport) I have chased bunnies away from my car and others in the parking lot. So far they have not eaten the O2 sensor wires or any other low hanging harnesses but I've seen them crawl up in engine bays at both airports. Could be for the warmth, out of the wind, or a snack but it does happen.
                        Central TEXAS Sleeper
                        USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

Working...
                        X