Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What detergent do you use to wash your car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What detergent do you use to wash your car?

I was out washing the "Beast" the other day and thought about all the different detergents available. So I decided to ask and see what others use when washing their pride and joy.
    Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
    The older I get The Faster I was!

My regular car I just buy what's on sale at the auto store.
    Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Rain.
      I'm probably wrong

Comment

When I'm not at the quarter carwash, I use Mother's. They give me a sample each year on the Power Tour, and it's great stuff.
        Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
        HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

All spring fresh.
          Jeff
          Follow My Build

Comment

All I use to wash all the cars is water. I'm no expert but I hear many types of soaps remove the wax coating.
            Life is too short to drive boring cars!

Comment

$5.00

I use the local car wash - otherwise my car wouldn't be clean for the 5 minutes of sun we get each year.
              Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Whats on sale . Once a year for the outside cars I wash with dawn then clay bar and wax,keeps them nice and shiney .

Comment

bathroom, kitchen and dish soap.
                  Previously boxer3main
                  the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

My cars won't win beauty contests, but I use Blue Coral typically. Mostly because it's cheap, but after several years of using it I can say I trust it on my cars.
                    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Meguiar's
                      Phil / Omaha

Comment

RainX green stuff.

I used blue Dawn dish detergent for hundreds of years until somebody here was horrified that I was doing that. I don't know exactly why you're not supposed to use Dawn.

The RainX doesn't foam up like Dawn does. You have to keep shooting the bucket with the sprayer to make it foam up much at all.
                        Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by bearphoto View Post
                          I hear many types of soaps remove the wax coating.
                          One day I'll put a wax coating on, then I'll have to worry about that.

I use whatever car wash soap we have, I dont remember what brand. Usually it was a door prize at a car show or something.
                          My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

I don't have any show cars so Palmolive or whatever was on sale at Wal-Mart!
                            sigpic

Just an Old Drag Racer that still has dreams of going fast!

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post
                              RainX green stuff.

I used blue Dawn dish detergent for hundreds of years until somebody here was horrified that I was doing that. I don't know exactly why you're not supposed to use Dawn.

The RainX doesn't foam up like Dawn does. You have to keep shooting the bucket with the sprayer to make it foam up much at all.
                              PW - you spend hours waxing (grease of sorts) your car and then use dishsoap (degreaser) to wash it and you have also washed off all your wax. The car wash "soaps" are designed not to strip all your wax off, supposedly just the dirt.
                              Phil / Omaha

Comment

Working...
                              X