Who here actually races?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who here actually races?

To me, racing is a big part of being a gearhead, though I know that the majority of musclecar and hot rod guys are more into cruising and show 'n' shines. But how about the Car Junkies? Pick the one description in the poll that describes you best.
    I'm a drag racer
    0%
    I go to test 'n tunes at the drag strip but don't race competitively
    0%
    I'm a circle track racer
    0%
    I'm a road racer or autocrosser
    0%
    I'm a land speed racer
    0%
    I participate in more than one type of racing
    0%
    I am not an active racer but I want to be
    0%
    I don't really have an interest in participating in racing
    0%

Re: Who here actually races?

I work on a road race team and we do Legends on an oval with the owners son.

I go test and tune at the dragstrip with my buddies a couple times a year.

I have a plan for a Maxton ride, but it's coming together slowly.

I'm not much of a race fan unless I'm doing it or know someone thats in it.

I like car shows, but I never had the desire to have a show car.
    Cognizant Dissident

Comment

I really don't race to much anymore, but soon as I get some things straightened out in my life I wanna build a gasser style and race in some nostalgic races.....I wouldn't mind building one of those twin engine dragsters....

Comment

Occasional quarter mile during test and tuning. Not competitively unless one of my friends starts talking smack.

Comment

My cars have never been solid/safe enough to run on the track and I wont dare to bring my DD and run it...I have bad luck...Anyway, once the Fury is "safe" I intend on running at the test and tunes and maybe a bracket race or two..but beyond that I cant do anything till I retire from the USAF...My dream is to participate in the Silverstate/Salt Flats/ Maxton...and build a car for auto cross/SCCA type races...

Comment

Me and most of my car guy buddies drag race when our cars are running and we can get free of the kids. Fast street car type stuff - 5.50s to 7.0 type cars.

I've gone autocrossing in my friends M3 once or twice.

I'm trying to do Lemons in Oct.

I despise car shows.

Comment

I've crewed heavily for almost 20 years on a Circle Track cars at Saugus, Mesa Marin, and now Irwindale.

I also have participated in SCCA Solo II Autocrosses since 1995 on an off. But not seriously running a whole season for points.

I've now driven couple of track day at Willow Springs.

Comment

I used to drag race a long time ago, now I only seem to go to the drags every once in a while.
                My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

I've been down the track a few times, I like to walk through car shows but I don't have the patience, the desire or a show car to participate with. I do go to cruises though like Woodward and etc.

Comment

For the past 15 years I been Drag Racing my Monte Carlo. I've eased up the past two yeas to do things like Maxton and car club shows and other car stuff. with the GTA............................Like right here at Power Tour..........
                    Living the dream!

Comment

Nothing sounds cooler to me than doing DW or some of the other racing events, but my ride isn't equiped with the right safety equipment. The big dilema is getting insurance on a car with a cage or roll bar so it can still be used for daily driving, and figuring out how to cage the car so the kids can still get into the back seat.

I hit the TNT a few times each year, mainly to calibrate my Gtech. ;)
                      Tampa, FL

Comment

Always been a gearhead, my racing has been limited to the street stuff that I no longer do(haen't done that stuff in 14 years, was dumb to do it to begin with)....

Finally having a car that has some potential makes things easier, still have to tie up some loose ends to make it track-worthy....that juggling act between raising a family and pursuing my hobby thing.

was kinda hard to make a selection in the poll, I enjoy all aspects of this deal.....

Comment

Originally posted by MadmanMark
                          The big dilema is getting insurance on a car with a cage or roll bar so it can still be used for daily driving, and figuring out how to cage the car so the kids can still get into the back seat.
                          those don't seem to be issues for me....hmmmmm....

maybe because I don't have full coverage ins and I have a big car with lotsa room.
                          My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

I drag race the Machine at AMC events and in the UMTR (United Manual Transmission Racers) events...got rained out today...suuuuuck

Comment

I do the TnT thru out the summer and I typically race the fall bracket series. Its not as competitive and the weather is cooler. I do attend many cruises thru out the summer, they're in the evenings and that works with my schedule.

Oh yea...just found out the wife got me tickets to the Mile High Nationals for the finals!!!
                              Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Working...
                              X