Major wreck at Daytona - many fans seriously injured

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From Royal Purple on Facebook.........

Prayers for Fans at Daytona Nationwide Race. Women, Children, and men hurt from car parts that went into the stands. I am ok though. Right in front of me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1970camaroRS View Post
      They have a digital media team monitoring all automotive fan and enthusiasts sites. They're killing every video and dissenting opinion possible. Corporate policy is to control reality and mold perception.
      I don't think they're doing themselves any good in this day of instant information. That makes them look even worse.
      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
        Saw on Speed that it wasn't just the tire and wheel. The brake, spindle and much of the suspension was still attached which doubles the weight being tossed at that guy. Ouch.
        120-140lbs at 100=mph
        NASCAR damage control,ducking all questions of fan injuries...

The vid had a lot of holy !@!#$ and !@#$s,but the guy just slowly panned to his left and fans where yelling for medics. One guy jumped in ripping his shirt off to render aid then the vid shoter cut off. Lots of empty seats,this very well could have been the one that changed everything.

"press" converence over,no facts,just damage control.

Comment

hit it quick

Comment

Originally posted by 1970camaroRS View Post
            They have a digital media team monitoring all automotive fan and enthusiasts sites. They're killing every video and dissenting opinion possible. Corporate policy is to control reality and mold perception.
            I'm sitting here steaming now. I mean pissed.

Somebody call Super Buick Guy. If NASCAR owns the video I shoot at the track after I bought the ticket and am sitting in the stands....if NASCAR has rights to that I am majorly pissed off.

There is something severely wrong with that. In fact I just believe they do NOT have legal rights to it. I think there will be hell to pay, with NASCAR's handling of this event. Let alone the victims. I mean the handling of it. Yeah, there will be more legal suits than they can sort through and still try to hold an event at the same time.

Write this down: They are done. It'll take some months or years to die, but they won't get over this one. It may be a slow death. This will be the thing that kills them. Write that down somewhere.
            Last edited by pdub; February 23, 2013, 05:29 PM.

Comment

Just saw the video, the poor guy didnt know what hit him. Really scary!

Comment

Wow, awful deal. Just getting up to speed on it now.

NASCAR DOES own the rights to any video shot at one of their races. Says so on the back of the ticket and this has been held up in court. Same policy for NHRA, MLB, NFL, and on and on. Not saying it is right or that it is something I agree with but as a person who has literally received a cease and desist letter before (due to something we posted on this site) I can tell you that they are deadly serious about that.

As far as this being the end of NASCAR, not a chance. NHRA has had fans gravely injured in the stands and a woman was killed last year in Phoenix by an errant tire. Remember the couple of people killed in the stands over a few year stretch when they were hit in the head with pucks at NHL games? How about the people killed when monster trucks have gone into the stands over the years? Again, I am not saying this is a good thing or a thing to be lightly taken, but it is one of dozens of incidents over the years where people have been hurt or worse at tracks. Hell, Richard Petty got into the stands a killed a young boy back in the 1960s when drag racing during the Chrysler boycott of NASCAR.
                Last edited by Brian Lohnes; February 23, 2013, 05:43 PM.
                That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

That looks terrible.

I think that when NASCAR talks safety, they are referring to safety of the drivers. Fan fatalities and injuries are rare for NASCAR.
                  Why think when you can be doing something fruitful?

Comment

Okay, but that sure as heck doesn't make any of it right.

My stance is, NASCAR is dying anyhow and this should accelerate its demise.

EDIT: I tried on my own in my own mind to kill the space shuttle for 15 years, and it died of old age.
                    Last edited by pdub; February 23, 2013, 05:50 PM.

Comment

Anybody remember Carl Edwards wreck two years ago? Same deal, catch fence ripped his car to pieces, the pieces flew into the stands injuring a fan. Although they play footage of the wreck many, many times over; they never mention the injured fan.

Now, I am no lawyer, but it is pretty obvious any of these fan videos can be evidence against Nascar in lawsuits. And there will be lawsuits. Nascar's law team is obviously already prepping for the impending lawsuits. Daytona raceway will be sued as well. But, since Nascar and Daytona both are owned by the France family, they are one and the same.
                      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Brain I was at the first AZ Nationals at Firebird when Shirly's BLOWER killed somebody 5 pit stalls away from us. One of the rotors went past us from right to left,50-100ft leaps at a time.

Comment

Wow! Read about that one. Must have been insane.
                          That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

The number injured is up to 28 now, two seriously.
                            Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
                            The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

Insurance will cover everything, ticket prices will rise to take up the cost.

The show will go on.
                              I'm still learning

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dave View Post
                                The number injured is up to 28 now, two seriously.
                                Yes, I just saw the same thing. Two critical. A woman with severe head trauma. The other is a child. I can't imagine the guy that got hit by that wheel assembly isn't critically injured. I'm with Brian I don't think this will hurt NASCAR all that much. It probably should considering how they have already started to make video evidence disappear, but I am afraid it won't. In my opinion NASCAR thrives on the kind of thing that happened today. If not why is nothing done to stop these end of the race disasters?

Comment

Working...
                                X