Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is'nt this horrible, work sucks!

Not car realted but.....

I was told 3 weeks ago that I WILL attend a conference in Fort Walton Beach Florida and that I MUST stay in a condo that backs up to the beach.......Yup...I was ordered to attend this conference pertty crappy I know...for 5 days I must suffer the indignity of evenings spent sitting on the beach tossing back cold beer...AND to top it off....are you ready for this?.... its all on someone elses dime...not one red cent out of my pocket...boy that really irks me...I mean to MAKE me go to Florida AND make me spend my evenings on the beach but for those bastards to pay for it too....just really tears me up....So sadly and reluctantly I will get on an airplane Sunday morning and spent the next 6 days suffering this sick and twisted form of torture..this is an outrage...and it should not be stood for! write your congressman!!!!!

Re: Is'nt this horrible, work sucks!

In today's economy, you should just be glad you have a job. Suck it up and get it done.
    Cognizant Dissident

Comment

well I have no other option...I guess I must just "suck it up".....

Comment

heh....

Wife went tdy to Orlando a couple weeks ago, had to stay at the Disney wild animal park resort. This week she was in Huntsville AL for a conference. Week after next she's going somewhere else for a day. Working for uncle is tough! but it sounds like you finally got a decent tdy....enjoy it while you can

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

when is your weeked in MOSUL , IRAQ COMING UP ?

Comment

Jim, I will surely enjoy this trip on Uncle Sams dime....ITs the first time anything good has come up for me in a while...

Spidey, The USAF broke me and cant fix me, I have injuries that do not allow me to go to Iraq or Afgahnastan....Oddly it is very dissapointing, iTs like building Hot Rods but not being able to drive them

Comment

Yeah and with your luck it'll be sunny days and clear warm nights, maybe the next one will be somewhere better.
              Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY
                Jim, I will surely enjoy this trip on Uncle Sams dime....ITs the first time anything good has come up for me in a while...

Spidey, The USAF broke me and cant fix me, I have injuries that do not allow me to go to Iraq or Afgahnastan....Oddly it is very dissapointing, iTs like building Hot Rods but not being able to drive them
                ...AND NOT BEING ABLE TO DRIVE THEM?.......i hope i never experience that :'( :'( :'( :'(

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan
                  when is your weeked in MOSUL , IRAQ COMING UP ?
                  Is now a good time to retort with "Bite Me?" I could think of a million other places I'd rather vacation than this lovely pile of f....

On the other hand...if you're sick enough to come here to visit, I'm willing to chaffeur in a civillian vehicle for tips! ;D
                  Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick
                    Yeah and with your luck it'll be sunny days and clear warm nights, maybe the next one will be somewhere better.

I swear if there is one sunny day and one clear warm night so help me god I am gonna be pissed... ;)

Honestly this is the best trip in 14 years...a 5 day vacation, i do have to sit thru 8 hours of lecture but........ I have a friend or two in the area so I will beable to catch up with them...When they told me that my condo opens up onto the beach I almost craped my pants...I am also with in 3 blocks of a few pretty cool night clubs/bars.....its a all been a little ray of sunshine in my otherwise bleak and dreary days.....After 15 years of working like a slave for Uncle Sam I finaly got a decent break....

Comment

Too bad the uncle cant do that for all you men in the service, cause without you we couldnt do what ever we want too. thanks again!
                      Doug
                      Reading , Pa
                      Good Guys rodders rep.
                      "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
                      Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

Hey, Joe, how's the wifey taking that your spending the week on the beach...without her?
                        BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Joes66chevy
                          Originally posted by JOES66FURY

...AND NOT BEING ABLE TO DRIVE THEM?.......i hope i never experience that :'( :'( :'( :'(
                          Welcome to my world. I have an engine on the stand that I am having trouble getting done because I can't see well enough to avoid tripping over my own feet, and have a nagging belly wound that limits the heavy torque wrench work, with a hot car waiting on it, a bad ass old 4X4 truck that just loves abuse. The driver's license went over a year ago from the poor vision. At 47 years old, it really sucks. But it could be worse, I could be alone and I'm not. Hopefully the wife will take up the interest in the car and drive it for me. It always works out for the best.

Comment

Pensacola to Fort Walton is mine and my wife's favorite haunt. We didn't get to go this year, but we wanted to on vacation. Really cool is if you take the toll bridge at Navarre to come to the edge of Eglin, take a right and have the highway running between the Santa Rosa Sound and the gulf all the way to Pensacola. Those sugar sand beaches on the gulf side have to be seen to be appreciated. It looked like snow when you park, and you get out its warm, but the sand is still cool on your feet.

Some great memories there. If you get a chance run that road you'll love it.

Comment

The wife is pissed, I rolled in last night and this place is frigin awsome, SCORE....no hot rods to be seen...just lots of beater Corvettes

Comment

Working...
                              X