Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recorded Daytona-watching now-shut up, don't spoil!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recorded Daytona-watching now-shut up, don't spoil!

Like I said, I'm just now watching the 500. Please keep yer yaps shut about it! Thanks.
    1970 Camaro RS - SOLD | 2000 Camaro SS - Traded in for a Hyundai...
    1966 Ford Thunderbird - SOLD | 1963 MGB, abandoned V8 project, FOR SALE/SCRAP

1978 Cutlass - Post Lay-off daily driver

Screw the gyro cam, I like watching the straw in their drinking bottle flop back and forth.
    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

so I guess I shouldnt talk about the 43 cars making continuous left hand turns ?
      Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Damn! Beat me to it!
        I'm probably wrong

Comment

Don't tell him that Kyle Busch won it!
          sigpic

Just an Old Drag Racer that still has dreams of going fast!

Comment

Danica won-- now I'm sure they fixed it.
            The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

It was predetermined days ago, so why record it??
              Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

If you're watching the race, why are you here too??
                Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by nesabo View Post
                  It was predetermined days ago, so why record it??
                  If that's the case, they weren't very imaginative. That was boring from green to checkered. And now that I'm sober, NASCAR is unwatchable.

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
                    If you're watching the race, why are you here too??
                    Because its 480 miles to get to the 20 mile race.

Comment

That's very well put. And typical, for this form of 'racing'........NHRA tonight from Phoenix was much, much better.
                      Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                      HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Took me 3 days to watch the whole race,I replayed the last 10 laps 3 times and Danica couldn't pass anybody all 3 times.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyclone03 View Post
                          Took me 3 days to watch the whole race,I replayed the last 10 laps 3 times and Danica couldn't pass anybody all 3 times.
                          Did you notice how she was being passed by EVERYONE and left behind just before the last caution? How convenient for her...

Honestly, the only criticism I had for her was how poorly she left her pit stops. Just blew the tires away for way too long. It really hurt her a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyclone03 View Post
                            Gosh, that is SO much like something my daddy said, about watching an old cowboy movie the third time. The star got knocked off of his horse by a low hanging tree branch during the then-modern-chase-scene. Daddy said, "Dang, I thought for SURE he'd see the limb coming THAT time."

Some folks never learn I guess!
                            Last edited by pdub; February 26, 2013, 03:49 PM.
                            Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by 1970camaroRS View Post
                              Did you notice how she was being passed by EVERYONE and left behind just before the last caution? How convenient for her...

Honestly, the only criticism I had for her was how poorly she left her pit stops. Just blew the tires away for way too long. It really hurt her a lot.
                              I commented someplace that she needs to hit the street in a car with lots of torque and No taction control and learn how to launch,she spun the tires nearly to turn one everytime.
                              Her problems with passing/being past was/is she has no friends,or doesn't know who her friends are.
                              She hasn't got the "feel" for the "air" YET
                              She needs more seat time,(who doesnt?)

I like the fact she was in the top 10 most of the race,did not "cause a scene",and at the end admitted some of the things she doesn't know.
                              That race was to do nothing but stay up front,and in a way she did the same as everybody else for 180 laps.

I said before I do wish she would have tried some stuff in the early laps so she could learn the feel for the air,but nody else did either so.....

Comment

Working...
                              X