Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NASCAR restrictor plate racing. How can it be made better?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oldsman496 View Post
    Drift Cars?
    Nope...

Outlaw 8.5 on the oval.
    It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Originally posted by The Outsider View Post
      There does need to be more of an incentive to try and lead laps. The current points bonus plan -- which only awards one lap led and the most laps led -- doesn't seem to motivate 'em enough to fight for the lead in the first 3/4s of a race. Too much "stroking" until the last laps.
      Then the obvious answer is for the restrictor plate tracks, you get a bonus point for each and every lap you lead. Coming out of the race 100 points ahead of the rest of the drivers would be a nice incentive.
      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

This will do nothing to slow the cars...
        Do away with the championship,how many races are there now 26? Make every race a $2mil purse,pay $1mil to win,$0 for 21st and back.
        $10,000 for each lap lead instead?

Driver with the largest dollar amount at end of year is #1 and gets another $10mil.

Again does nothing to make the cars safer but I think they would race every lap.

Comment

Fix Nascar with ONE EASY STEP!

Make them all drive school buses pulling 24 foot travel trailers in a figure eight.

Here are my Top 13 Reasons this should happen NOW!
          1. More Crashes (fans love this!)
          2. Speed will be way down (no parts flying in the stands)
          3. Way more room on the vehicles for sponsors (Tony Stewart can have the ACTUAL home depot sign on this car)
          4. Drivers are always complaining about the time away from the family, now the family can ride along!
          5. School Buses already come with safety hatches and exits. (Drivers will be SAFE!)
          6. Kids will instantly like going to school again in the same "NasBus" their favorite driver pilots.
          7. Every Nascar track could be easily converted into a figure eight.
          8. The wrecked buses can be buried outside the tracks as makeshift tornado shelters.
          9. Teams will no longer need full customized motorhomes and semis for the drivers. Just take the Bus and travel trailer. (RUN WHAT YA BRUNG)
          10. During a Caution all the drivers can turn on their yellow blinky school bus lights. (I don't know why, but I love this thought)
          11. I'd like to see Carl Edwards do a flip off a school bus roof. (Sucka)
          12. Because it's no secret Nascar fans like to drink 'adult beverages.' All of these ideas are MUCH better when consuming these.
          13. I don't know why you're reading this far because after the reading the first few reasons listed you should have already been writing Nascar executives about adopting these much needed changes.
          Powertour off/on since 2002
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BBR View Post
            4.8L V8 max. Blocks and heads must begin as OEM castings.

SOHC ok, no DOHC.... not until all the big mfgs have a DOHC V8 production engine
            Believe me, if NASCAR allowed production DOHCs, it wouldn't be very long until everybody had 'em. On the other hand, NASCAR's bans on fuel injection and forced induction in 1957 set back production development of American cars for decades. If production DOHCs are legal in Grand Am, why shouldn't they be legal in oval track racing?

Besides, the OHV fans would contend that DOHC or multivalves aren't necessary to be competitive, so what's the problem?

Start with factory bodies in white. Minimal aero modifications allowed. You get what you get.
            Essentially what they do for GT class racing. With computer mapping tech and or three-dimensional templates, it shouldn't be as hard to police as it was in the '60s and '70s.

And if they required the bodies to have production VINs and MSOs, some of the fun and games of the past would actually be criminal acts . . . that might deter the cheaters somewhat.

Comment

Originally posted by bishir View Post
              Fix Nascar with ONE EASY STEP!

Make them all drive school buses pulling 24 foot travel trailers in a figure eight.

Here are my Top 13 Reasons this should happen NOW! . . . .
              That was entertaining!

Comment

Originally posted by The Outsider View Post
                That was entertaining!
                See! NASBUS is already entertaining more people than NASCAR!
                Powertour off/on since 2002
                sigpic

Comment

I think Carl could do a double off a bus.

The fans who over indulged could catch a ride with thier favorite driver.

Comment

Working...
                  X