Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

55th Annual MARCH MEET !!!!.......1 week countdown.......yes IT IS TIME !!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Y'all have fun and take plenty of pictures, my Pistons didn't come in on time so I'll sit back here in the Midwest and think about how much fun it would have been. This is the second year in a row that I entered the March Meet and didn't make it, maybe the 3rd time will be the charm as they say. If the pistons were to arrive tomorrow or the next day and they were to finish the machine work and put the short block together I could still easily make Bakersfield by leaving this weekend but I wanted to get out there in time to T&T at Irwindale Thursday if they're open, Bob's Friday, Donuts Saturday and the Pomona Swap meet on Sunday so I said screw it and threw in the towel. I'll sit back here in the Frozen Tundra and watch Chad & Brian do their live cast and feel sorry for myself!
    sigpic

Just an Old Drag Racer that still has dreams of going fast!

Comment

I will climb the tower and get on camera shirtless and sweaty from the high 70's temps and say 'hi' to ya Grump.
      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

looks like the weather is going to be great!!
        Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

I wanted to test at Irwindale first too, but I'm just not going to have the time. So this weekend I'm packing up the RV, loading the race car on the trailer and leaving Wednesday morning. Gonna meet up with a couple buddies and their race cars and we'll caravan over the Grapevine......

Comment

Originally posted by mrocketscience View Post
            I wanted to test at Irwindale first too, but I'm just not going to have the time. So this weekend I'm packing up the RV, loading the race car on the trailer and leaving Wednesday morning. Gonna meet up with a couple buddies and their race cars and we'll caravan over the Grapevine......
            Drive safe....I opted for the Wed TNT at Famoso...I know we'll only get 2 passes maybe...but last year I got 3 so it was worth the 50.00 ....
            The Beatings will continue until MORALE IMPROVES !!!!

Comment

If I can get up there early enough I might try for the TNT also. We'll see how it goes, gotta work Monday & Tuesday, so maybe we can leave Tuesday night.

Comment

Ron;it looks like there will be a gang of us So.CA. Ford racers headed your way Friday Night!!!! C-YA , ROY.
                Real Race Cars Have THREE Pedals!

Comment

Originally posted by 1965COMET View Post
                  Ron;it looks like there will be a gang of us So.CA. Ford racers headed your way Friday Night!!!! C-YA , ROY.
                  Bring your drinks and chairs as usual Roy....see ya there...hope that Eric dude is coming too.....

Comment

Ron;YES,Eric is coming up along with his old farm truck!!! Drinks and Chairs,I think I can do that!!! C-ya next week!!!! ROY.
                    Real Race Cars Have THREE Pedals!

Comment

Weather says we are gonna have a dust settling start on Wednesday and possibly Thursday.........GREAT

Comment

I get mixed up each year, even though I've been going forever. Is this the Bako event that DOES have the "door" cars? ABCD/Gas? Those are the most fun to watch for me. Also, the slower C & D Gas cars have the most exciting launches. Seems the faster cars are more precise(?)/boring. Wheels up guys
                        STUGOTS

Comment

Originally posted by groucho View Post
                          I get mixed up each year, even though I've been going forever. Is this the Bako event that DOES have the "door" cars? ABCD/Gas? Those are the most fun to watch for me. Also, the slower C & D Gas cars have the most exciting launches. Seems the faster cars are more precise(?)/boring. Wheels up guys
                          YES...The March Meet has the biggest variety of cars....from 12 second Hot Rods to A/Gas 7.60 door slammers.....and this year it's ALL RUN....no 2 shots to qualify then go home.....Your getting confused with the Calif HOT ROD REUNION in October.....The March Meet is a race/party....the CHRR is a show/race.....I've got space in the trailer if you "PARTY" too much....Randal(Silverbuick) will be staying with me .....it's a drunken good time for all....gotta love drag racing with a hangover....LOL...Party all night....race all day.

Comment

Originally posted by Chassisman View Post
                            YES...The March Meet has the biggest variety of cars....from 12 second Hot Rods to A/Gas 7.60 door slammers.....and this year it's ALL RUN....no 2 shots to qualify then go home.....Your getting confused with the Calif HOT ROD REUNION in October.....The March Meet is a race/party....the CHRR is a show/race.....I've got space in the trailer if you "PARTY" too much....Randal(Silverbuick) will be staying with me .....it's a drunken good time for all....gotta love drag racing with a hangover....LOL...Party all night....race all day.
                            Sounds like fun! I have a bunch of flakey friends, so I don't know which day(s) I'm going yet. Maybe only Friday, maybe only Saturday, but preferably both. I already have 2 rooms at the Rosedale Motel next door to the Double Tree. So, we'll see. Fact is, I am going. I'll look for you
                            STUGOTS

Comment

Originally posted by groucho View Post
                              Sounds like fun! I have a bunch of flakey friends, so I don't know which day(s) I'm going yet. Maybe only Friday, maybe only Saturday, but preferably both. I already have 2 rooms at the Rosedale Motel next door to the Double Tree. So, we'll see. Fact is, I am going. I'll look for you
                              Cool.....I'll also be rolling in this golf cart.......

OOPS....sorry...BIG DADs meat head is blocking the pic.....

This one is better.....

Comment

Just in case anyone is looking for rooms at the March meet, I just cancelled mine within the last hour at the Airport La Quinta and the Airport Hampton so they're probably still available?
                                sigpic

Just an Old Drag Racer that still has dreams of going fast!

Comment

Working...
                                X