Consumer Reports: Still Hatin' on American Cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Consumer Reports: Still Hatin' on American Cars

Yes kids, it's time for that bounty of free Asian import evangelism, otherwise known as the Consumer Reports "Auto Issue."

Now while no self-respecting Bangshifter would ever be caught dead with a copy of CR's annual appliance motoring expose', here's their predictable summary of boundless "hatin'" on American vehicles . . . .

For American manufacturers, General Motors is revamping its lineup and building several promising models, but some of its brands still fall toward the bottom of the list. Ford's and Lincoln's overall scores have been dragged down their MyFord Touch and MyLincoln Touch control interfaces, and unrefined dual-clutch automated manual transmissions and EcoBoost turbocharged engines that don't deliver the performance and fuel economy of competing models. Chrysler's brands didn't fare well -- many models are old and not competitive. In fact, Dodge anchored the bottom of the list with an overall score of 46.
    http://autos.yahoo.com/news/consumer...180000607.html

Consumer Reports' return to form reminded me of a thermonuclear screed I wrote back in February 2009 . . . .

"CONSUMER DISTORTS" DUMPS ON FORD & DETROIT AGAIN

THE FOLLOWING IS OPINION COMMENTARY BASED ON MEDIA REPORTS.

The most useless magazine in American automotive publishing . . . the "Tokyo Rose" of the automobile press . . . the shameless purveyors of snooty, self-selected, Asian import bias . . . Consumer Reports (R) has done it again.

Apparently subscribing to the "kick'em when they're up, kick'em when they're down" philosophy, the probably tie-dyed, Left-Coast wingnuts at Consumer Reports (R) have reportedly produced about a billion dollars worth of freebee shilling for Team Japan disguised as "journalism" in the fetid "Auto issue" of the Consumer Union's worthless rag.

(Because Consumer Reports (R) arrogantly disdains all advertising, its decades of evangelism for Asian cars cannot be fairly described as "advertising." However, if the Japanese invaders had to buy the same amount of influence among the automotively-ignorant, "appliance motorist" set, it would cost probably a billion dollars in "[THE OUTSIDER's]" OPINION.) . . . .

Of course, the "appliance motorists" at "Consumer Distorts" apparently gushed again like school-aged fanboys over a host of America-killing, trade-deficit-increasing, Japanese invader cars.

What else is new? . . . .

Possibly to maintain some illusion among the terminally weak-minded that they're not lock, stock and barrel "in the tank" for Asian imports, "Consumer Distorts" crackerjack Director of Automotive Testing David Champion [sic] had to admit that "Detroit's three auto makers have made 'substantial, incremental improvements in the reliability of their products.'"

Old "Champ" then had to admit that "Ford has made the most progress, especially in their new models" but he then nitpicked FoMoCo, saying it needs to "jazz up their products which now suffer from "so-so styling."

Does "Champ" need a seeing-eye dog? Does he even look at the brain-numbingly boring, "blandtastic" sleds that the Japanese automakers push and dump like baby-boomer crack cocaine onto the American market?

IN THE OPINION OF "[THE OUTSIDER]," Consumer Reports (R) is an embarrassment as a source for automotive data. It is a disgrace to America. Consequently, it will be read like "the Bible" by thousands of car-hating, Detroit-loathing [mopes]. Many of these same blind-eyed, bleeding-heart hypocrites will mouth fealty to the organized labor movement and maybe even weap for the decaying ruin that that four decades of federal meddling and predatory trade practices have created in MOTOWN, as they motor along in their non-union Japanese invader "wondercars."

Some of the rest of us will spend the inflated cost of the wretched "auto issue" on a ticket for the film "Gran Torino."

DISCLAIMER FOR CONSUMER REPORTS' (R) LAWYERS: Consumer Reports (R) is a registered trademark of Consumers Union (or whomever holds it -- and it should be obvious to everyone who reads English, "[The Outsider]" does not hold it and would use it for toilet paper if it did). Ergo, it's likely the Legal Services Department of the so-called Consumers Union will get their all-natural-fiber, union-made, eco-friendly, designer panties in a bunch over the mere appearance of the words "Consumer Reports (R)" herein. However, any reference to that reeking waste of paper "[THE OUTSIDER]" OPINES is more properly described by knowledgeable automobile enthusiasts, hot rodders, and muscle car lovers as "Consumer Distorts" is used herein under the FAIR USE DOCTRINE of U.S. Copyright law.

The comments herein are OPINION (just like the broadsides that Consumer Reports (R) prints against American vehicles) and as such they are protected by the FIRST AMENDMENT to the U.S. Constitution.

"[THE OUTSIDER]" will afford equal time to any rebuttal from Mr. Champion or any of the alleged "automotive journalists" at Consumer Reports (R) to respond to any comment made herein. In other words, waste your time and your we-don't-accept-any-filthy-advertising money suing someone else.
    Last edited by 38P; February 27, 2013, 08:53 AM.

Do people seriously read CommunistReport?

Why read a publication that only publishes for companies that pay them?
    Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Originally posted by STINEY View Post

OH NO! Stiney wants to get sued even more than I do . . . .

While I believe CR's biased, I'd never allege that they actually take money from the Japanese invaders. Now Joe Gibbs . . . yes, he takes money as an enemy collaborator. But CR's apparent bias is more ideological.

And the bias of CR's "appliance motorist" readers (who provide the self-selected "survey" data and who already have a demonstrable disdain against Detroit and high-performance in general) doesn't come from payoffs. It's more like asking the "true believers" who owned only VW bugs in the '60s what was the best '60s muscle car . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by The Outsider View Post
        OH NO! Stiney wants to get sued even more than I do . . . .

While I believe CR's biased, I'd never allege that they actually take money from the Japanese invaders. Now Joe Gibbs . . . yes, he takes money as an enemy collaborator. But CR's apparent bias is more ideological.

And the bias of CR's "appliance motorist" readers (who provide the self-selected "survey" data and who already have a demonstrable disdain against Detroit and high-performance in general) doesn't come from payoffs. It's more like asking the "true believers" who owned only VW bugs in the '60s what was the best '60s muscle car . . . .
        Karmen Ghia of course
        http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

Originally posted by STINEY View Post

is there some reading online somewhere about this? I always read their statistics with interest - things like "new car problems in the first XX days of ownership" - are you saying those are fake results?

When I think of publications that Companies are paying for, I think of major news networks...
          www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

"lexus" scored best in an article posted at yahoo...

and you are taking this seriously.

The last time I said "gewkster owned" I almost got banned from the net.

lemon lie men lie.
            Previously boxer3main
            the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

The only guys complaining about Lexus are the people who don't own them. I know a guy who bought a 200,000 mile LS400 that had a lifter tick. Turned out to be an old TSB, Lexus dealer fixed it for free well out of warranty. This is Dr. Mike C with the 1950 Buick. Every other Lexus owner Iknow always raves how well the company takes care of customers so... I can see a top rating for them.
              www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

CR owns the old Connecticut drag way ,thats where their tests are done,I read it when I need a washing machine or toaster.

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek View Post
                  is there some reading online somewhere about this? I always read their statistics with interest - things like "new car problems in the first XX days of ownership" - are you saying those are fake results?
                  Fake results.........not exactly. Depends on where the water your information pool was filled with came from.

Most of the results are compiled from customer surveys sent to customers from the company, returned to the company, compiled by the company, and submitted to CR by the company.

I've been on the backside of this, and wrote the checks to them at a previous job.

Is it proof that the info cannot be believed, no. It is proof that the info can be believed, also no.

It does make CR a lot of money though. Good business model they came up with, very profitable.
                  Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Must be the guy from Yahoo! Motors, moonlighting. Both are as anti-car as they can get.
                    Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Working...
                    X