smoothed engine bay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• smoothed engine bay

Am I the only one that hates smoothed engine bays? I can think of a lot of things better to spend time on than filling the zillion holes under the hood. That and cutting and spicing all the wires to extend them so you can hide them
    Love 'em should be done to every car
    56.67%
    Hate 'em Waste of time
    30.00%
    People do that?
    6.67%
    Cars have Engine Bays?
    6.67%
    http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
    1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
    ​​​​​​

Last edited by Russell; February 27, 2013, 02:34 PM.

PB 60' 1.49
    ​​​​​​

Comment

I like it. Yeah there's lots of stuff you could be doing instead but if someone is willing to put the time and effort in it looks good. Takes away visual distractions and lets your eyes focus on the important stuff. Wouldn't say it should be done to every car, but it's just one more step in making your ride your own.
      I'm probably wrong

Comment

when buying a car if the engine bay has been smoothed its a deal breaker for me. How many cars have become pro-jack stand b/c someone pulled the engine cut up the wiring and never got it running again?

PB 60' 1.49
        ​​​​​​

Comment

Probably about the same amount as other people who got in over their heads or lost interest.
          I'm probably wrong

Comment

Why doesn't the poll have a "sometimes" option? It can be good on the right type of build. But not for every car.

Comment

street car, no

show car, why not, it'll never get driven anyway
              http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

Pro Jackstand, cool! Ive been building a formula jackstand car for a while now (defunct class)!
                Nice smoothing job Russel, looks sweet!
                Smoothed firewalls depend on the car and its original condition IMO... If the firewall was beat to start with, smooth away. Some of em get pretty holey too over time as the mods get installed and un-installed. Some are just plain ugly from the factory. At least paint the compartment when the motor is out. And not all black unless it was black to start with.
                Thats all Im saying.
                BKB
                Last edited by BKBridges; February 27, 2013, 03:53 PM.
                www.FBthrottlebodies.com
                Bruce K Bridges

Comment

Originally posted by Russell View Post
                  when buying a car if the engine bay has been smoothed its a deal breaker for me. How many cars have become pro-jack stand b/c someone pulled the engine cut up the wiring and never got it running again?
                  I look at those as aquisition opportunties. All you folks who do that please make more.
                  Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Smooth makes it easier to clean the leaked oil off when a line blows or something. Nothing worse than oil soaked horse hair matting under the hood Note the oil spray on the tarmak at the left front corner...
                    BKB
                    Attached Files
                    www.FBthrottlebodies.com
                    Bruce K Bridges

Comment

less is more
                      Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

the smooth stuff came about with 30 amp alternators and tiny asian precision.

My subaru had a hole by factory that stole the coil function in the strut tower.

30 amp alternator.

That is the only time I have seen the smooth in action for a purpose.

car show dweebs do anything and call it art..its up to people more than facts, just like every other car.
                        Previously boxer3main
                        the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

My poll answer would be - "Whatever blows your skirt up but I'm not doing that". To each his/her own.

Dan

Comment

shoot - does that make my wagon a show car and not a driver? Not only have ALL the holes been filled, the firewall on the driver's side was moved back 2 inches and the body lip on the cowl was shaved. Most of these mods were done for functional reasons but it seemed just wrong to leave a bunch of holes that had absolutely no purpose for the current build.

Comment

No Allen, I've seen the tire shredding abuse you put the wagon through. Show car quality, yes! Beautiful car that you thouroughly drive to it's excess on occasion. And I love it! BTW I'll be down in Pt. Charlotte pretty soon see you then.
                              "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

Working...
                              X