No announcement yet.

Georgia Left Lane Law Under Consideration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's really ironic is that Ohio (and doubtless many other states) also have on the books to "pick a lane and stick with it", multiple lane changes are also frowned upon legally.

Guess there needs to be an opposing law on the books, seems like there always is anymore.
    Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyclone03 View Post
      Well,California had "Impeading the Flow of Traffic" but I was told by the CHP teaching traffic school they almost always write for speed in excess because NOBODY drives under the speed limit. I was told by a guy in the same class the "'Impeading" is very beatable in court but the speeding is almost always a slam dunk.

Here in TX we are "allowed" 10mph over to complete a safe pass,but I'm sure you cant do that driving on the sidewalk.
      You'd have to be doing at least 80 mph in a 65 zone before they would care. Currently, they are more interested in chasing down texters and idiots that don't know they have built-in Blue Tooth in their Audi's.
      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

PA's law is you can't be in the left lane for 2 miles without passing. That's too far for the cops that are camping to actually ticket them. I just don't understand how hard it is to change lanes, or the purpose of staying in the left lane when there's nobody around for miles, after a pass. I found most people will get into the right lane after you pass them on the right, but some just stay left no matter what.

Comment

Originally posted by moparmaniac07 View Post
          PA's law is you can't be in the left lane for 2 miles without passing. That's too far for the cops that are camping to actually ticket them. I just don't understand how hard it is to change lanes, or the purpose of staying in the left lane when there's nobody around for miles, after a pass. I found most people will get into the right lane after you pass them on the right, but some just stay left no matter what.
          I-5 between Grapevine and Stockton, CA, if you want to pass, it's usually on the right. The only ones that get back into the right lane after a pass are the semi's. Some actually get the point when you are tailgating their asses. I don't bother, I just go around them on the right. It's also the reason I take the two lanes.
          BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

on my way home from work yesterday leaving Cleveland, the lanes go from 5-4-3-2 lanes within 10 miles . Watched a driver hug that left most lane all the way till it ended each time and there was no one on his right each time. Once it got down to 2 he stayed in the left lane till I got off my exit. I was about 6 car lengths ahead of him.
            Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

Oh how I wish I wish I wish they would pass that law here....Arizonans have no idea that there is a travell and a passing lane. if its 3 lanes, all are either travell or passing lanes. There is no order and it drives me insane. In order to get from point A to point B in a timely manner you must...MUST....pass whenever and wherever you can, otherwise you will be stuck in a 40mph passing lane going 25. Oh, and god forbit there be ANY water on the road...
              If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

My ex-boss came here for two years from Newfoundland. One weekend he went down to the Atlanta airport to pick somebody up. He said, "That's a real nice drive, you just stick in the left land and cruise all the way."

I asked, "You stayed in the left lane all the way? Why?"

He said, "It's nice to not have to move over when somebody's merging in."

I asked how fast he as going and he said the posted speed limit, 70. NOW we get into the wording on the signs. The difference between, "Keep right except to pass," and the other one, "Slower traffic keep right." BIG difference in the choice of verbiage. TN and GA have the slower traffic keep right.

I said, "Don, did anybody pass you on the right while you were doing that?"

He said, "Heck yeah, the whole way. But they were speeding and I was obeying the law."

I said, "Don, you're pissing every one of those other drivers off when you do that. You're the jerk out there doing that and they're all mad to have to pass you on the right."

I spent a lot of those two years trying to train and coach him on American/Southern customs and practices. It didn't "take." All too soon he went back to Newfoundland declaring how much he hated everything Down Here.
                Last edited by pdub; February 28, 2013, 02:16 PM.
                Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Working...
                X