No announcement yet.

When Racers Weren't Pussies........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At least in the intervening years they figured out that its better to slide on your butt than your teeth.
    I'm still learning

Comment

Originally posted by STINEY View Post
      That's what people wore back then. Jeans and T-shirts weren't really invented yet - didn't Mr Levi invent jeans right around the turn of the last century?

Think of what your stereotypical Amish garb is today. They aren't dressed up, those are their clothes.
      it was the 50's and 60's man... geesh, havent been invented yet... thats funny stuff
      Charles

Comment

I'd rather 16 cylinders and bicycle wheels.
        much safer.

that car warms up like my sube.

Seriously ,I love the old stuff.

when you start tuning with these thoughts..you are there:
        A step in the right direction anyway.. and I am not counting the taper of plenum to intake boot, that is yet more volume. Might even be 25% of total volume a minute paused in plenty of time to get a good mix…in realtime too. that is the other factor...unknown to me..but turning realtime into a minute. Plenty of time to make good volume math..that is a pun. Should be plenty indeed.
        Last edited by Barry Donovan; March 1, 2013, 05:38 PM.
        Previously boxer3main
        the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

BOTH eras are ballsy!
          Neither is more than the other...
          Were I to pick ONE.. It'd be the oldsters..
          They rode pretty rough/crude machines, nevermind they were top o the line then (as are the newer bikes)
          I'm sure the newer bikes feel much like sitting in your recliner while the old bikes had a spot of clarity amid blurriness..
          Actually an apples/orange comparision..

Comment

Somewhere in the middle of the vid that PD put up, there was a dude sitting in a chair or on something right beside the road. You see him flash by on the bike cam.

That's collateral crazy. To be sitting there like it's just another day, no worries, with those sidecar crazies going by.
            Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Comment

Working...
              X