No announcement yet.

Air Compressor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It only took 7 years 7 months and 5 days, I picked up a two stage 80 gallon air compressor today! Now to just get it in the shead and wire and plumb it. Hopefully that will not take another 2776 days.
    Last edited by Russell; October 8, 2020, 04:31 AM.
    http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
    1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
    ​​​​​​

Comment

Got the compressor in the shed, that thing is heavy! I got the wire temporarily pulled, I need to dig the trench but I was waiting to plumb it so I can stick it in the same trench. We put down some hard wood floors over Christmas break. I picked up an extra 150' of hose from HF it worked great and was nice having it far away.

It shakes the floor of the shed more than I like I am thinking about putting some ply wood under it to help take some flex out.

PB 60' 1.49
      ​​​​​​

Comment

Congrats on finally getting one . My original 60 gallon is still on its original pallet that I put casters on . I let it run out of oil a long time ago .Lockeked the pump up . Replaced it with the biggest V twin one that harbor freight had . The thing looks like a Harley's engine up there . Got it all wired up and plumbed........nothing .Yeah burnt the motor up too . I picked up another air compressor used just for the motor that the guy selling it said it had a couple leaks . I eventually found it only had one leak where the little pipe to the pressure switch was cracked . I ended up just fixing it and so they sit next to each other. I'll put up a pick later.
        Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Wow, that's a long time to get a compressor in!

I'm debating what to do about a compressor for our new house....the nice big 2 stage one that I got used in 1993 (it's from the 1970s) is getting pretty tired, so I'm thinking of leaving it for whoever buys the house, and me buy a new one for the new place. I hope I can get it in and running in a reasonable amount of time.

I did get power to the new shop, they inspected the job yesterday morning and it passed, so I installed a couple outlets for the garage doors, and a light. Lots more work to do!

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

I'm SO glad my shop is up and running! I'm not sure I have the energy to run thru that process again - old age is a PITA! But better than the alternative. Right now we're redoing the kitchen so that's where my energy is focused recently.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
              Wow, that's a long time to get a compressor in!
              I can make a glacier look like an avalanche!

It's been working for about a month. It sat on the trailer for a little while, then it took a while get the power hooked up. Most of the time was me just getting by with my old $100 air compressor. The goal of painting the crash damage on the mustang got it back in the hopper.
              Last edited by Russell; January 21, 2021, 10:38 AM.

PB 60' 1.49
              ​​​​​​

Comment

Crash damage on the mustang, did I miss something ?
                Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Barlow View Post
                  Crash damage on the mustang, did I miss something ?
                  I got rear ended on Dragweek 2019. Trailer totaled, pushed into rear panel, truck lid, rear bumper, tail lights. Panel has been straighten, and I have the rest of the parts. Just need to paint them.

PB 60' 1.49
                  ​​​​​​

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210121_110350_copy_2268x3024.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	1.17 MB
ID:	1286487Click image for larger version

Name:	20210121_110350_copy_2268x3024.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	1.17 MB
ID:	1286488
                    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Pic as promised . Unfortunately you can't see the V of the pump on the blue Campbell Hossfield .
                      Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Working...
                      X