Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gotta love Calif... .70 a Gallon Tax total for Gas is coming........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gotta love Calif... .70 a Gallon Tax total for Gas is coming........

Californians may be paying the highest gasoline taxes in the nation when a 3.5-cents-per-gallon increase kicks in this summer.The state Board of Equalization on Thursday voted to hike the excise tax to ...

This state thinks they can tax itself out of the hole...... IT CAN'T...we got more TAKERS than MAKERS here.....SHEESH !
    The Beatings will continue until MORALE IMPROVES !!!!

they must be thinking the worst of something..
    building a pile.

sun cycles never cease with a whimper.
    Could it be that simple?
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

They're only bumping it by 3.5 cents. I doubt anyone will notice. Prices jump by triple that overnight, fairly often too. Personally, I wouldn't mind if the gas tax increased a few cents, as long as all that money went to fund road maintenance. The problem is, after you pay it, who knows what it'll be spent on.

Comment

Originally posted by moparmaniac07 View Post
        They're only bumping it by 3.5 cents. I doubt anyone will notice. Prices jump by triple that overnight, fairly often too. Personally, I wouldn't mind if the gas tax increased a few cents, as long as all that money went to fund road maintenance. The problem is, after you pay it, who knows what it'll be spent on.
        LMAO....you obviously haven't driven Calif Hell Hole Highways......Scott Ligett will confirm the sad state of asphalt/concrete ribbon in Calif.....LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Chassisman View Post
          LMAO....you obviously haven't driven Calif Hell Hole Highways......Scott Ligett will confirm the sad state of asphalt/concrete ribbon in Calif.....LOL
          Nope, farthest west I've been was barely across the Mississippi. Not saying that gas taxes actually fund road repairs, just that I wouldn't mind an increase if they actually did. That, and nobody will notice a 3 cent increase.

Comment

Yea its only 3.5 cents a gallon more but its always more more more. Someone posted more takers than makers and that is the truth for sure. I'm a maker and i'm getting the f#$k out of here as soon as I can, going to Arizona! There are so many freeloaders here I can't stand it anymore. Between the freeloaders and the liberals this state has gone to hell! Opps, sorry no politics
            Life is too short to drive boring cars!

Comment

Originally posted by bearphoto View Post
              Yea its only 3.5 cents a gallon more but its always more more more. Someone posted more takers than makers and that is the truth for sure. I'm a maker and i'm getting the f#$k out of here as soon as I can, going to Arizona! There are so many freeloaders here I can't stand it anymore. Between the freeloaders and the liberals this state has gone to hell! Opps, sorry no politics
              BEAR.....if they aren't from here they won't understand. ...especially when you go grocery shopping....my cart....175.00.....EBT cart right in front of me....packed with steaks....soda....cookies...ice cream.. junk basically....there tab... 461.38 ....but out comes the EBT....aka my tax dollar card....2017 I roll out of here too....sorry politics.

Comment

Write your congressman, probably wont help,but you can try.

Comment

Sanctuary cities?

Comment

BEAR.....if they aren't from here they won't understand. ...especially when you go grocery shopping....my cart....175.00.....EBT cart right in front of me....packed with steaks....soda....cookies...ice cream.. junk basically....there tab... 461.38 ....but out comes the EBT....aka my tax dollar card....2017 I roll out of here too....sorry politics.
                    Oh, trust me....we know. Department of Peace?? Nuts.
                    Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                    HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Trust me I understand and I know California is bad but here in Illinois they've turned making Babies into an Industry and it pays quite well!
                      sigpic

Just an Old Drag Racer that still has dreams of going fast!

Comment

Anyone that thinks the gas tax is to pay for road repairs is pretty naive. It's going to the same place that Prop 30 tax hike is going, our state pension plan that is imploding under it's own weight. This is just another way for them to delay dealing with the inevitable. Los Angeles is in the same boat, specifically the Dept Water and Power's pension plan which is currently paying retirees more than they made when they were working, not to mention their stupid health plans.
                        BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X