Road trip to pick up a new project car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Road trip to pick up a new project car

Leaving in the morning to pick up the new project car. My future ex-brother in law (his words, not mine) is picking me up in his truck with trailer in tow. I'm providing food, gas and beverages. Maybe we will stop in Tacoma to see the Lemay collection on our way back. Fun will be had and my camera is tagging along for the trip.
    1970 Camaro RS - SOLD | 2000 Camaro SS - Traded in for a Hyundai...
    1966 Ford Thunderbird - SOLD | 1963 MGB, abandoned V8 project, FOR SALE/SCRAP

1978 Cutlass - Post Lay-off daily driver

So you're getting that T-bird??

Comment

Keep us posted. David (Rack4U) and I did this type of trip (NC to Cali and back) in the Fall and it was EPIC. There are threads on it back a few hundred pages. So send lots of pics and tell us all about it - we LIKE road trips on here!

Dan

Comment

I look forward to reading about your exploits.

Comment

Alright, so he is your brother in law now but the marriage has hit the skids , or he isn't in the family yet but doesn't have much hope? Oh, yeah . T- bird or was it a 62 ish Lincoln? Awhile back I was in a shelby mustang crash with my ex- nephew- in-law.
          Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Stop by the museum, if you've never been. I went twice last summer, once with my stepdad, once with Haley.
            Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Thunderbird on the trailer. Nav set for Cabellas. Then on to the Lemay museum for lunch.

Comment

Originally posted by HoosierL98GTA View Post
                Alright, so he is your brother in law now but the marriage has hit the skids , or he isn't in the family yet but doesn't have much hope? Oh, yeah . T- bird or was it a 62 ish Lincoln? Awhile back I was in a shelby mustang crash with my ex- nephew- in-law.
                They aren't even engaged yet! But they'll get hitched one of these days. It's a '66 Ford T-bird. Was looking for Lincoln's as well. Basically anything big and comfy. This ones a mess. But it was $1,000. Even got it to fire up and drove onto the trailer, but it involved a beer bottle full of gas and lots of hopes and dreams.
                Attached Files

Comment

Lunch
                  Attached Files

Comment

I think this hat has seen better.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by 1970camaroRS; March 2, 2013, 03:32 PM.

Comment

The 'Bird looks like a great start. But remember I'm from Michigan originally so if you can't put your fist thru the body somewhere I think it looks pretty good. The old cars around here are generally amazing to this Yankee boy.

Dan

Comment

Cool and that hat is perfectly seasoned!!!
                        That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Heading home, took tons of shots at the museum. Will get a gallery together of those shots later.

*edit* sorry for the upside-down images. On the ol' iPhone and its not easy.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by 1970camaroRS; March 2, 2013, 05:10 PM.

Comment

i can't wait for our next "fishing" trip...nice catch!!
                            Patrick & Tammy
                            - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Typical Washington weather.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X