Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shocks.

What's good for what??
    In my case, my 3400 lb 57 sedan delivery..
    Got old shocks in it.. Gotta be no good now..(20+ year old gas ones)

What you guys use/like in your dualies..

Those in my flatbed gotta be tired too.. :

Rancho basic(5000's?) gas shocks from O'reilly's... not the most expensive, decent warranty, and good service life..
    Last edited by silver_bullet; March 2, 2013, 05:04 AM.
    Patrick & Tammy
    - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

'57 delivery-oh YOU SUCK!
      I would LOVE to find one of those (that I could afford).
      15 years ago I made an offer on a fairly rough 55.
      The jerk sold it for less than I offered him that same day. Oh well I'll find the right 57 one day.
      Let's see some pics of it!

When I was young my dad had a very solid 57 handy man 2 door wagon with a strong sbc and a 4 speed.
      I loved that car until he wrecked it and turned it into a clown car....... I'll look for a now pic.

Click image for larger version

Name:	57 wagon.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	136.2 KB
ID:	867772
      Last edited by DirtyWhiteBoy; March 2, 2013, 08:46 AM.
      A.K.A. Brian
      Jack of many trades-master of none

Comment

Something I'm kind of picky about so I'll chime in.

Put Sensatracks on my stock height extended cab S10. HATED them. Way WAY too soft-floated all over the place and drove like crap.

Put Edelbrocks on my S10 Blazer lowered 3" expecting great things. Fronts are too soft and floaty, still rides pretty harsh, should drive better. Not cheap either.

My slammed '95 Chevy short wide had Bell Techs on it and it was bouncing off the bump stops all the time. I called Doestch Tech and got a set made for it. They sent me a set of big fat twin tube gas shocks for $50 a piece. Still hit pretty hard on pot holes and such but it drove fantastic-better than a pickup truck should, and ride quality was really good most of the time.

Haven't tried Bilsteins yet, but I'll probably go that route next time I need a new set.

Comment

I like Bilstein, pricey but good quality. (Limited) Lifetime warranty..

I've had them on my Cherokee for 6yrs, they still work great, getting some for the S-10 too.

Comment

I ran KYB Gas a Justs on the Impala for years. Was quite pleased with them. Now I have Koni's adjustables. About $125 ea. through summit.
            BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Bilsteins on the Corvette - love them, lifetime warranty
              Rancho 9000 adjustables on the Hummer - why didn't I put adjustables on my first 4x4s, dang does it ride an drive better (but really spendy at ~ 100 each) lifetime warranty
              KYBs for the BMW - nothing spectacular, but they are unremarkable which is remarkable, not lifetime warranty.... but were 1/3 less than the bilstein replacements.
              Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; March 2, 2013, 10:32 PM.
              Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Working...
              X