No announcement yet.

Rats!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used a 30 gallon garbage can with cat food to catch possums... In the HOUSE and rabbit house ( 100+ rabbits!).
    I've had pet rats, they can jump! Have shot at wood rats in the woods on the farm and they can jump 3-4 feet straight up on the run when a bullet gets too close..
    A ramp so they can get into the barrel..
    Bait...
    Something that will weigh them down/drown them with the bait floating?
    Just make sure they can't get back out!

Comment

Thanks for all the suggestions. I'm guessing the sound gizmos don't work since no one suggested them. I'm going to try the RAMIK stuff.

We did have a stray cat wandering in our back yard that has been gone for a while, so it might be Beagle's third rat in my garage!
      Tampa, FL

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Ward View Post
        Buy a Hemi. Rats are scared to death of Hemis.
        Good one Ron!
        Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

You really don't want them dying where you can't get to them - the stench will stay around and drive you nuts trying to find the carcasses.

I'm a fan of the bucket idea, they're contained - you know when you got them and how many. I'm not sure with the size of Rats you're talking about that a 5 gallon would be big enough - might need a 15 - an antifreeze mix will take care of them faster than water - and attract them with the sweet smell. Wire across the top with a pvc pipe that rolls on the wire, and some peanut butter... it's a tight rope no rodent can walk.
          There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Working...
          X